Ecto-Glow Janine

Very Awesome!!! I am very impressed, It looks exactly like what Kenner would have made if they would have produced a Janine figure. :wink: If you ever decide to start selling them let me know and Put me down for one ;).

Will you be working on an ecto-glow copter? or any other awesome projects? :wink:

Sorta already answered…

It was recently mentioned that the Ecto-Glow Copter was a reuse of the molds from the Police Academy Crime Mulcher. I don’t know how possible it would be to get a hold of one of those, though.

Looks great! I loved the wherefores in your text, and it’s amazing seeing something handmade that looks so perfectly ‘assembly line’ alongside the others.

I never saw the Ecto-Glow figures on shelves, I bought them from a mail-order catalogue a few years later (I think it was Jeff Freeman’s “Falcon’s Hanger” [sic] in Indiana?).

Due to the slightly higher price I paid, and the realization they must have had low production numbers as ‘tail-enders’, I never took them off the card…

So now of course I am wondering what a custom card for your custom Janine would look like.

Alex

Thanks rgb82, thanks, fritz

I don’t think I’ll make an ecto copter. If they had actually produced the version that came out in the police academy line, I could have molded the pieces in glow plastic, but alas they didn’t make it.

As for other projects, I usually do marvel legends scale customs. IMG_9831 This just happened to be a glaring hole in the real ghostbuster line that I felt I could fix… If anybody has any other neat ideas I might try them out. Since I have the molds for Janines body I had thought about doing a version to compliment the original 4 guys. What do you all think? A particular costume I should shoot for?

Hmmmm… that would be cool, maybe someone who is more talented with drawing could come up with the artwork. Any takers? After that, it wouldn’t be hard to scan an original card, insert the new art and change some of the text.

:cool: Omg!

I would gladly pay you a cheeseburger on Tuesday if I could get one today.

But seriously, this is totally cool, makes me want to get my Ecto Glows. I would definitely pay more than $80 for one. But that’s your call. Great job my good sir!

Nice! I wish I had the time, money and talent to do projects like this.

Absolutely brilliant work! :crunch:

I like how you analyzed the whole series when making decisions for Janine’s colours and accessories. Very smart! :cool:

So freakin awesome! Had you not mentioned it was made I would have beleived you had something extremely rare. I am sure if you took the time and did a small run you could really make some collectors on this forum very happy.

@ The BeasT I think that you should make the colors of your next Janine custom in either the colors from “Janine’s Genie” or the blue jumpsuit with orange trim from The Real Ghostbusters comic books.

I think it would be cool to have her in a pink outfit like the Series two FF line and brown like peters. That ecto glow is probably the coolest custom I have ever seen.

I know this is an old thread, but… How did you open up the proton pack gun?

Excellent job on Janine. She looks great. :blush: :eyeroll: :whatever:

Nice job you did! :cool:

Amazing work!!!

I take my Ghostbusters Baseball cap off to you!

Hey,

How did you dismantle the figure? I tried before but it broke bc the glue they use is very good. :cool:

Awesome job on the Ecto-Glow Janine! Keep up the great work! :eyeroll: :blush:

This is amazing! I would love to purchase an ecto glow of Janine! She would be awesome for my ecto glow set! I’m missing all of the proton packs to.

Oh so this is the mystrious guy that made the Janine I saw on instagram?

Good piece of work

I somehow never saw this topic til now that I remember. That’s really cool! I know I am not skilled enough to make figures like that. Heck, I wouldn’t even know where to buy the glowing plastic.