“A Fright at the Opera” has a lot of scratches (white flecks) on the image…it’s not completely unwatchable, but annoying. That’s the only episode that I know of that has that issue.
Well here’s a (not so much glitch) but quick image I caught between where commercial breaks are supposed to go .. It really goes by quick but i paused it right on…
I believe it’s the episode where they go into the cartoon world but I’ll have to re check that.
if youre asking what the image is, it’s the Terminator robot from T2
Ya I know .. but I’m just showing it cause I caught it on the RGB DVD box set :P! I think it was from a contest or something.
Its probably a sex chat line where you call in and talk to hot sexy robots.
“What are you wearing?”
“I’m in my endoskeleton baby.”
LOL
*There have been several others that have been caught like that, for example:
*Cheers.
yeah my set also has the static lines on “college spirit” it’s so brief though, not a big deal.
Thats so crazy, I would’ve thought that the picture quality would’ve been much higher in accordance with the cost of this set!
I haven’t got mine yet, I’m still saving up..but I’ll definately watch for this!
heh, relax man. so there’s two or three glitches the span of maybe 5 frames total. It’s still an amazing set. I mean, if an ENTIRE episode looked like that, yeah, I’d make a royal stink about it, but meh, it’s so quick it’s barely an issue.
i dont think ive come across any of the “slow” episodes mentioned, but ive only seen one or two “glitches” - the set is well worth the money, after all its not just bootlegged episodes like you would find on ebay that someone recorded off tv - these are from the master tapes, complete with tons of special features, beautiful artwork on those cool metal cases and the firehouse box etc - and they keep dropping the price, im sure you could get it for $100 before the end of the year. they did an amazing job with this, and i really hope they can do the same for Extreme Ghostbusters
I defintaley agree, this set was worth the $179. I’m definetaly not letting some errors ruin, a peice of my childhood. This show and the movies really turned me on to the paranormal. Plus it’s my child hood, and I’m not going to let that go anytime soon.
I’m watching that same episode now. And I see exactly what you mean by being sluggish. I first noticed it when the theme song came on. The beat was quite noticeably slower than usual.
Plus there’s a few times when the sound seems distorted…like the characters were speaking into a fan.
“Something’s Going Around” just finished, and the next episode is the same. So’s the third. I get the feeling my entire second disc is going to be like this. Hope none of the others are.
I believe it’s only one disc (Volume 4, Disc 2 or 3) that’s like this. Need to watch the rest of the set to find out more.

