2000 Ford Taurus SES Wagon -- What do you think?

There’s been a white 2000 Ford Taurus SES wagon sitting on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it on my way to work for several days. I stopped by and looked at it. It’s got 155,000 plus mileage on it. No major damage other than a few scratches here and there. It’s got the Flex Fuel logo on the side. Owner says it runs great – of course he says that. I’ll have a mechanic look at it. He’s asking $1850. Kelly Blue Book says the value is $2,525 in good condition. I’d call this car good condition. So, what do ya’ll think? Give me some opinions. Good, yes, get it, hell no? I’m not made of money and it seems like a good deal. It actually has less mileage than my current Honda Civic. So, if the Civic dies one day, I’ll have the Taurus as a back up even if it is an Ecto. I’d drive an Ecto to work. What do ya’ll think?

I like the Tarus, problem is that the lines are pretty bad, especially on the 2000 (for an ecto anyway). But if you can make it look good, go for it. Problem is, you dont seem to have a lot of money, so this would be a slow project, as Ecto’s can be expensive.

So go for it, I would love to see you pull it off.

I had a '99 Taurus wagon for a while and always thought it would make a good ecto. So I say go for it. I was never able to convert mine, so it’d be cool to see it realized.

That’s not a bad deal if the mechanic gives it the thumbs up.

The missus has temporarily vetoed the idea as I was planning to take out a title loan on my paid off car to purchase this one. She’s starting a new job today that pays much better, though, so maybe she’ll change her mind. The car is still sitting there. Maybe it has something horribly wrong with it. It’s been there for sale for about two months now. Either it’s utter junk under the hood or everyone and his uncle is completely broke.

Ya’ll are right about the lines. Those concave doors are not friendly to the no ghost logo. Still, no one has made a Taurus SE wagon ecto yet – to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for the feedback.

The Taurus is a lump. It’s always looked like a lump.

First law of building an Ecto should be “never do it unless you have the money in advance.” If you can’t afford the car with regular income, especially if it’s a junker for less than 5k, then it’s best to wait. I could see a loan being taken out on a 59 for restoration, on a beater? That’s asking for trouble.

Sage advice. Thanks.

This reminded me of my crappy paint pic I made of a Tarus wagon.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5plwmx.jpg

I tried following the lines, but you get the idea. It could be pulled off, but I don’t know.

Well hello new desktop wallpaper!