Morning chaps.
I’ve been scouring the various shops (Forbidden Planet, Toys R Us, Smyths and so on) and have only found a few bits and bobs of 2016 merchandise - nothing like the deluge of stuff the US seems to have got. No 2016 Matty figures (aside from Rowan, Stay Puft and Mayhem), no blind bag minis, no 2016 Matty Classic Busters (with the build-a-figure No Ghost)… just very little in general. I’ve also seen the Ecto-1, and a couple of three pack 2016 minis, but again very scarce.
Are we gonna get anything more do we think? In particular I’d like the 2016 Ghostbusters.
I was wondering this too. I went and saw the film on Monday and afterwards had a walk around checking the stores I expected to be selling any of the new stuff (a lot of the same stores you mentioned) but I didn’t see any GB2016 stuff. All of the Ghostbusters merchandise I saw was the standard mugs and t-shirts that have been available for years with the original GB logo on it.
Aye. Bit disappointing really. I’m in Edinburgh. I’ll have a look again this weekend
I saw the junior novelisation, and a couple of activity/sticker books at my local Morrisons.
One of my colleagues in the U.K. Ghostbusters has been given the impression we’ll see more merchandise appear in the autumn, but I’m not aware of where that info originated.
All I’ve seen are the three 6 inch ghost figures. They really seem to be slacking on the merchandise here even though they have done a lot of promo stuff here.
Yeah I picked up the sticker book from HMV here in Edinburgh - it was hidden in a corner behind all the clearance shit. Weird considering that every billboard, phone box and bus is advertising the film that the merchandising is so lacklustre.
The autumn thing is really weird!
Found lots of sweets in B&M’s and the Range near us but agreed that there is very little merch about considering the promotion work going on.