Afterlife: Background Props

As posted in my Intro post here is my replica seismic activity map from Afterlife. The screen used map is based on a real US Geological Survey 1:250,000 scale map of Oklahoma. All they did was change the sheet name and the name of the town on the map face and sheet index. To set my replica apart I have added a Summerville school stamp. As a complete map geek (33 years in cartography) this has been a great project.

Hey there! Awesome work! Any chance you have a link to the high-res version? Looks like IMGUR makes it pretty tiny.

Hi, ping me an email address and I will WeTransfer the hi-res version to you, As a community minded chap I will not be looking to make money from this.

Whats the name of the town in reality (that’s supposed to be Summerville)?

EDIT: nv, I think I found it. It’s Woodward apparently?

That’s awesome. I have a print out of the same map that a guy in Spain did just after the movie released. Need to compare it to this one as I’m a serious lover of the background props of all 3 movies.

Yes, that’s correct. Summerville is basically a stand-in for Woodward based on Gary’s Oklahoma map that she shows Phoebe in the classroom lab.

Yep = can confirm it is the Woodward sheet and it can be down loaded from the University of Texas web site. Be sure to pick the 1971 edition.

Hey it’s been a while, but could you manage to send me the hi-res version again? Cheers! I did send you a PM a while back :smiley: