Aloha all,
As you can see from my greeting, I live in Honolulu, HI. Hope I get a chance to meet other Ghostheads out here in the islands, if there are any. I currently work as a security officer for an international security firm called Securitas, and I’m a member of the Hawaii Army Reserve. I was active Army for four years after I graduated from Kaiser High School back in 2001; yep, just a few months before that fateful day in September. I did one tour in Iraq from March 2004 to March of 2005, and got out shortly after. Almost five years later, I find myself reenlisting pretty much because of our country’s economic situation. As to Ghostbusters, I have been a fan ever since I was four years old (you could pretty much say that I’m a fan for life). It’s the one movie that initially got me interested in the supernatural, along with other similarly-themed movies. The sequel was just as good, despite hearing that even the cast didn’t like how the movie came out, and I have been going nuts over the recent video game. If I had to say what I like best about Ghostbusters, I would say the impressive combination of comedy and action, with a hint of scariness here and there. Most of all, I love how many one liners within both movies are so memorable.
How I found GBFans.com was kinda by accident, while I was searching for sites to get parts to build my own screen accurate Ghostbusters equipment. This site is wholly fantastic: rich with information, lots of news concerning a possible 3rd movie (which I pray will happen), and a place to chat with other fans and share ideas.
Well, that’s about it for now. I will be sure to check in from time to time. And when I’ve gotten some personal things straightened out, I’ll also be posting some of my future fan props and stories (especially the fan stories, because I’ve got some good ones). Till next time, mahalo and aloha.