So in a week or two I’ll be traveling to Ohio (there’s no room for my tools here) to put some more work into my very much in-progress proton pack. I’ve kinda hit a wall though when it comes to installing the lights/light bar/sound effects and was wondering if there were any kindhearted GB’s in the windy city who might have a moment to meet up and discuss a good battle plan that I can approach this with, as at this point I don’t want to continue construction with the neutrona wand, as I’d like to have the lights and whatnot installed in it first (or at least ready to go). So yeah, if anyone out there thinks they could help, please send me a message, I’ll even buy you a brew or two if you’d like to have said meeting at a watering hole. Thanks!
Welcome to the GBFans boards, DJ.
There are a couple of ways to find people. You can use this handy list of franchises to find a group near you or use the Fan Map.
In Chicago, I can think of the Ghostbusters: Chicago Division. They may be able to help you out.
In the meantime, don’t hesitate to post in the Proton Pack forum. I’m sure someone will be able to help you out there.
Cheers!
Hey there, Diablo!
Dan Shannon, Head Engineer for Ghostbusters: Chicago Division here. Need some Pack help? I think I can be of some assistance in this area.
Is your pack already finished? I mean, is your shell done and it’s just the electronics? There are two people who can help you. One is me and the other is Slimer7, a member of my team. Ronny does have more experience, but as to his availability it might be harder to get a hold of him. I on the other hand have very little free time due to me still working on my own pack.
Send me a PM with some pictures of what you already got done. Depending on your build, it may be a bit harder or easier to install. I wanna know what the Packs guts look like so I could give you better help.
I’m actually thinking of buying a pack and trap on eBay from a seller that is making special orders for fans that can’t really make their own.
I wanted to know that if I did in fact purchase the pack/trap, would there be the possibility of joining the Chicago team? I would still need to put together a uniform, but hopefully I could get help with that.
Let me know. At the very least, I’d like to help out with whatever charity work you guys do around the city.
Thanks.
Heads up to that. If its the seller Omega Props.. stay away from him. There is another thread on the boards warning of this. This seller is taking Prop photos and using them as his own. Nothing about that guy seems legit. He also doesn’t like to answer questions about the pack once you start asking him specifics..
Can you direct me to the thread? I’ve actually been getting pretty good responses from him and I’ve bee taking a look at some of his recent purchases, and a lot of them are proton pack parts…lights, brackets, etc.