Does anybody have any tips for getting through level 10? I am playing on single player, but am starting to wonder if I should just try to play it online so I can have help from somebody other than the AI (who are idiots).
Once I get to the one part of level 10, it becomes damn near impossible. We defeat one wave of ghosts. (Mostly blue ghosts, if I remember) Then, the second wave comes along. (Mostly red and yellow ghosts, if I remember) We defeat them. Both waves are very little trouble.
Then, in comes about three to four blue stone gargoyles, and a whole buttload of yellow zombies, or whatever the Hell they are. They are the ones that slowly bloat up each time you shoot them until they explode when you defeat them.
That is when it becomes impossible. The AI are morons, so they usually go down before long. I am left all by myself. I have tried everything I can think of to help. Things I have tried:
Using the blue weapon to destroy the blue gargoyles while letting the AI team go after the yellow ghosts. The problem here is the blue gargoyles just keep coming back, so this seems completely hopeless
Running around destroying the yellow ghosts. It seems like the yellow ghosts slowly stop coming back, so I thought maybe my best bet was to get rid of the yellow ghosts first so it would just leave the blue gargoyles. However, eventually the blue gargoyles will ALWAYS do that stupid swoop down move that seems to kill you instantly no matter if you aren’t even anywhere near them.
Guerrilla warfare: I literally run around the whole level and take a few shots at the yellow ghosts, or sometimes even the blue gargoyles. My goal here is to avoid contact with them while getting of a shot from time to time. This becomes impossible because I wind up being by myself against at least three gargoyles, and a whole mess of yellow ghosts.
Using power-ups to my advantage: Sometimes I get the invincibility power-up, or the damage multiplyer power-up. I try to time them perfectly so I get them during this battle. Unfortunately, they don’t last long enough, so I just wind up in the same situation.
Does anybody have any advice? Has anybody gotten through this level? Is there some easy trick I am missing? For example, in the sewer level, there was the big yellow slime spewing monster. I thought he was nearly impossible, but then I realized there was a trick. If you shot him as he spews the slime (right before he charges) he will stop and not charge. Are there any little tricks like that I am missing?
Even though I’ve been through the opening level a million times I still haven’t managed to get all the LCD tvs achievement. Maybe they’ll end up going back there…But how unoriginal would they have to be for THAT to happen?
Ah. Great. Looks like maybe we are all stuck in the same place. LOL!
Anyway, the tl;dr version for those who may not have read through my long post:
I am (and apparently, many of our other fellow Ghostbusters Fans are) stuck on level 10, the section where you face the three to four blue stone gargoyles, and a butt ton of yellow zombies/ghosts. Any advice from those of you who got past that part?
I have already tried everthing I can think of to try to get some advantage.
Yeah, I’m stuck at the exact same place, the blue gargoyles and yellow slime zombies. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can finally move past that point.
In the beginning of the melee, I used a headstone as a cover and just littered the area with Plasma Inductor blasts. Not necessarily hitting the blue Gargoyles but rebounding them all over the place. Then once the zombies started popping, just keep moving and shooting constantly. For every one zombie that manifests, take out 2-3 to prevent a giant swarm from appearing; then take 6-10 shots at the Gargoyle then alternate back to the zombies and so forth. That’s how I got out of it on the PC version. Most of Level 10, I was by myself and the other 3 AI on the ground.
Ha! Glad to see I am not alone in this frustration.
In the words of the AVGN: “What were they thinking!?”
All this needs in order to be one of those irritating, rubbish, nigh on impossible 80’s/90’s games is to be in 8bit lol. Might go so far to say it should be on the Action 52 cartridge…yeah, I went there. >.>
Yeah, going into the game, I didn’t think you’d need much strategy other than button mashing. But after Level 10, it’s pretty much a cakewalk. It’s a Catch-22 for me, but I’m glad there was one level that was difficult to overcome rather than every level be an easy jaunt.
I MAY have answered my own question. I underline may (I would underline it three times if that were possible here) because I had tried this before and hadn’t thought it was working.
However…
I tried this level again. I got to that part and decided to shoot at the blue gargoyles first. That was when a miracle happened… they actually stopped coming! I could SWEAR I have tried that before, but somehow this time, they stopped coming. So, that left just the slime zombies, which on their own were easy to defeat.
Of course, then I got to the next room/area. It starts with a couple of those guys with shovels. They are easy to defeat. Then, in comes a huge wave of slime zombies. Hard, but not too hard. After that, another huge wave of slime zombies. Again, kinda hard but not too big a deal.
Then, they decide I haven’t been through enough bull crap already, so they through another huge wave of slime zombies at me, along with a big slime beast this time. I have yet to get past this part now. It is actually so frustrating that I left my PS3 on for days hoping I could get past it, just because I did NOT want to go through this level again. Of course, that only lasted so long before I needed to access the Instant Netflix, so now I have to do level 10 all over again. Ugh!
I’m going to try to do it online, but when I tried the other day there was basically nobody on, and the only people who were wanted to do earlier levels.
Looks like online truly is the answer. I haven’t had a chance to play in a while. But, I finally got a chance to get back in and play again last night. After waiting for a little while, somebody finally joined my game on the Play Station Network.
I can’t remember the screen name off the top of my head, but I think it was something like ddavid, or something like that. Anyway, if you are out there reading this, THANK YOU! This guy kicked @$$! He was definitely a million times better than the AI.
We did go down a few times here and there, but the best thing is that having a human partner instead of just all AI meant that I had a partner who was smart enough to know not to revive me (or our other teammates) if there was imminent danger. I was a bit rusty from not having played for a while, but I was also able to revive him a few times, or otherwise run around and defeat the remaining ghosts until it was safe to do so.
I was a little rusty, but he was on the ball. With his help, I finally got past this damn level, and with very little difficulty.
it took me a loooooooong time to beat this insanely cheap level the part where you have to fight off like 15 waves of ghosts by yourself because the AI is retarded was so much fun lol. I have bad news for all of you, after you beat this level you get level 11 which is somehjow even worse!.. a level where you fight every single boss in the game all over again and which i subsequently got stuck on and wasn’t able to find anyone else still playing it to help me.
Hahaha, I thought I was one of the few who are stuck in this level, but looks like I’m not alone here. I almost uninstalled the game because of frustration, so I wouldn’t even try it again. A great mood ruiner.
Most definitely, ropzu. I don’t know about anybody else, but I’m not a hardcore gamer. So, when it comes to games I play, I prefer them to be fairly easy. In that, I don’t mean they have to be an absolute cake walk. I don’t mind if they are a little challenging. That can be even more fun. But, when something is so hard that it just frustrates me, that just isn’t fun.
As I have said above, DEFINITELY DO NOT play this level by yourself. The AI is too moronic to be of any help. You need to play online with at least one other human player so as not to pull your hair out with this level. I played with a particularly good player online and we got through level 10 with very little trouble.
The rest of the game wasn’t too bad. The very end with Dumazu is a bit hard too. My suggestion is to use the power-ups to your advantage. You’ll notice colored portal looking sort of things on each far end of the screen. Shoot them with the same color weapon and a power-up should show up. These were a big help, and I was even able to beat him without having to play the level online.
Turn off the game in disdain, shake my head in disbelief that this trainwreck of a game has the Ghostbusters logo on it, and completely forget about its existence for about six months.
A year ago I played that game with some of my fellow GBs. we got stuck at that level too, and we played it until 6:30 am and then tried again after we got some sleep. Basically it’s possible if you have friends playing it with you, and you just keep trying and trying until you are lucky to beat the level (MUCH like the original Castlevania). After that the game is easy and we beat it. :whatever: