Anybody know if Ghostbusters Generation is still coming?

I wasn’t sure if I should dig up an old thread on this, but I thought maybe it was just better to start a new one instead. Does anybody know if the fan film, Ghostbusters: Generation is still going to be coming out? The last information I saw was a post on their MySpace page in June saying they hoped to release it by the end of August. We are halfway through August now, and I have not seen a single word on it yet.

Now, I know it isn’t the end of August yet, but you’d almost think they’d have updated us from time to time if things were still moving along. Does anybody know what is going on? The previews looked really cool, so I really can’t wait to see the movie.

Whilst I share your anticipation for this movie…I’m almost sure that the update said something along the line of there being no more trailers or updates and that he would be focusing all his time on the release of the film…In all seriousness I reckon we will see the movie but it might be a bit of a wait, who knows maybe it will be out on 31 August/1 September!

it may very wlel be like ROTGB were it seemed to take forever for it to come out. BTW i would appreciate a link to their myspace. thanks!

I have their website with the trailer in my bookmarks and I check it quite freqently and havent seen any updates http://www.ghostbustersgeneration.com/trailer.html

wow this is a long time coming. i hope it’s worht the wait lol

I’ll have to go back and read it again when I get a chance later. I remember him saying that there wouldn’t be any new trailers because they want to focus all their time on finishing it. I don’t recall him specifically saying there would be no more updates, though. I could definitely just be forgetting it, though. Either way, I will wait patiently for the movie and be very happy when it finally comes out. I was just curious to know if things were at least still in progress.

I did notice a small update to the site today. They have added the iPhone download of the trailer.

why don’t we bump this and see if we can get the director to show himself and let us know if he plans on releasing this or just tell us if this has been abandoned.

I wonder why he haven’t release it yet.

My best guess is, he decided to put it aside because he have other projects he wants to do instead.

So I think it’s not a priority for him right now.

I am sure he will release it this year since he said he is almost done with it.

From what I understand, Eddie LeBron(the director) sold off all of the GB equipment and started working on his Mega man flick. I’ll be surprised if the film sees the light of day. Eddie has said on numerous occasions that the film was almost done and a release date was coming. That’s been said on and off for 3 years now. if it comes out, great. But I’m not holding my breath.

I always thought that the first rule of any project was to finish it before starting on another big project…this is just sad

He did say that he is going to school for film making. So he probably have to do his school projects first before he can work on his own personal projects.

Well, it’s possible that he sold off the props and can still do the movie. For example, our movie is about 90% done with filming, and we have a few minor “people” scenes to film. If all the props disappeared, we could still do the movie since we have that stuff done. We are waiting on the Post FX, and that could take a very long time…

It is a shame, because it looked so good. I wish he could at least check in every now and then to either say it is still eventually coming out, or to just tell everybody if it is just abandoned. So far, I’ve seen him randomly pop-up to say that it is not abandoned and WILL come out, but then it never does. Heck, I can understand if he isn’t able to release it. I know how busy life can get. I think we all do. But, I would definitely love to see the finished product. It looked really cool.

I don’t think it will come out…but I hope I am proven wrong

I’m not even all that interested in it anymore its been so long.

Thats why you should never promote your fan film until its in the can. People lose interest.

has anyone heard anything new? I keep leaving you tube comments in their new channel (I mean he made a Megaman and Sonic fan films, where is the love for us Ghostbusters fan?) about it just to show people still want to see it.

2 Likes

This is the first post on it here in over three years…which means people DON’T still want to see it.

And if the Sonic film is any indicator, its probably better if no one sees it anyway.

For the record, I would still want to see it. At this point, I’ve just realized it isn’t going to happen. Shame. Looked like it could have been pretty cool.