Anyone in the Orlando/Melbourne area?

Nice to know that there are other awesome people in Melbourne! I just keep meeting people who hunt or other such ‘southern’ activities. Melbourne is nice (I suppose) just not enought diversity!

Another GB in the Melbourne area. All I have is the Mattel PKE and Ghost Trap, but my girlfriend is getting me a lot of uniform supplies for Christmas. I hope to either buy or build a pack by Halloween, but more importantly I wanna join a franchise, attend events, or make fan films. I am also a musician, guitarist for the band Grindstone. I keep my Trap on top of my amp in prop mode, got a lot of compliments for it at our last show.

Nice! I dont have any uniform stuff yet…I want the PKE meter! Wish it wasnt so expensive! Do they ever have events or movie showings anywhere around here? I was so jealous Ghostbusters was on the big screen in October but only in New York…

Actually, there was a showing here at The Rave in Viera on Halloween this year. I got to go at the last minute. While walking through the door I met the manager Nick who was dressed in the full uniform and I later found out is MrSpider on these boards. It was great seeing the movie on the big screen!

Noooo ah! That’s what I get for not finding this site till after halloween…

I am sad now!

Lol , yeah, that was a fun october. Sadly not much goes on in melbourne . But there are a few of us here .

Btw if anyone is interested they have a couple of the ghostbusters fleece blankets at spencers at melbourne square mall if you havent picked one up yet

I totally bought that and they also have a stay pufty marshmallow man pillow :slight_smile: and gloves and a hat! I totally whored my money to Spencer’s in the past few days. They also have a slimmer wallet and ghostbusters logo beltbuckle for 25% off :smiley:

Wow, a lot more Melbourne people on here since I last checked.

As far as the existing SpaceCoastGBs group, if anyone wants to start a new group, they can have the name. All I ask is that you leave two spots open for what is left of the current group. 3 of the 5 of us have moved away. Our proton packs are in need of new wands, and we haven’t done anything in 2 years or so. I think the last time we went out was to go see Ghostbusters at Cinema World in 2010.

Just saw this thread, Im in Titusville so that would put me down as a Orlando/Space Coast area GB then I guess. Currently working on a pack but glad to know I have some local GB folks in the area.

Im in the Melbourne area!!! I guess you can say im a Rook when it comes to GBfans.com, but ive been supporting a suit and equipment for awhile now!!

TeeJay, that was you at the Downtown party, right? I was Krang and my friend was Shredder, but usually we’re Ghostbusters. If I get some wands built we’ll probably do that again this year.

Yeah that was me last year. I remember you guys, Great costumes! I plan on doing it all again this year, just with my new and improved equipment. TONS more accurate. If i see ya guys ill say hi and maybe get some pictures of us! I got some plans to show up at the Downtown party, along with some ideas in Orlando.

Noticed you guys talking about events other than Megacon ages ago, but Melbourne is having a Zombie Walk on October 19th, Anyone going? I go every year, i was the only guy there last year in GB gear though (“Zombie Ghostbuster”), would be cool if there was 2 or 3 more.

Hey everyone I am in the Orlando area!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey TeeJay,

After I ran in to you at Spirit today, I went home and my friend and I took down our packs that have been sitting on a display shelf for 4 years. All the lighting looks good and working, and I should only have to make some new Clippard valves and durable wands and we’ll be set for Downtown this year.

Killer!! I’ll be showing up at the downtown party this year definitely! Great seeing you again! We’ll definitely need to hook up at the party and get some pictures and such!!

I’m in Orlando M-F and Port St. Lucie/West Palm Beach Sat. and Sun.

Also in Orlando. Actually right between Orlando & Titusville, in Wedgefield.

I’ll be at Megacon 2014 as well as Mayhem

I’m in Orlando too.. love helping with pack builds and other things… I’m looking forward to megacon