Anyone in the Orlando/Melbourne area?

Just getting started with my Ghostbusters things. I have or am waiting on most of my uniform pieces. My next step is to do my goggles and my pack.

Thanks!

George

Tons of us, I myself hail from Melbourne.

Nice to meet you

Good to meet you too!

Are there any events or get togethers soon?

hrmmmm, besides megacon, not that I know of, but other peeps feel free to chime in if I’m wrong

the firstcoast ghostbusters are working on a zombie walk. orlando is doing one as well. plus i am in talks with a few local clubs to do ghostbusters shows and parties

Already have my uniform together, making my belt gizmo, ecto goggles and painting my elbow pads right now. Hopefully be done by the end of the week.

I’m going to start work on my pack/thrower soon - any help/input would be appreciated. On the list for Alkaline’s February shell run, trying to figure out what’s needed beyond that for the pack and considering getting a MMM thrower kit. Then following up with R2DEVO’s light kits for both and eventually Exoray’s sound board.

Salutations from OGB. We’re scattered all about. Like Nick said, megacon is the next BIG thing coming up, I believe it is going to be the biggest gathering in Florida ever (last year can suck it) but keep your eye peeled to the forums for some upcoming events. :roland:

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye peeled for events coming soon. Need to get my Megacon registration in, the lines are insane on site.

If anyone is doing a building day soon, please let me know - I want to start working on pieces for my pack, waiting on getting verification from Alkaline for my shell so I wanted to get started on making the other pieces.

I’m in Orlando…

When you get started on your pack, there are many of us that can help.

When is Megacon, zombie walk etc?

It has been a while since I meet up with any GB’s, so it will be nice to get together.

Franchesky

Megacon is mid-March this year. Zombie walk I have no idea. I know there’s May-hem con in May from the Spooky Empire folks.

As for the pack, once I know if I’m on the shell list I’ll start get the components together. Unfortunately not going to happen for Megacon though unless there’s a shell miracle involved.

you missed out last year momerath, you owe us dude, to grace us with your presence loo ; )

Lol… I’ll make it up to you guys. I’ll have you guys over one day to play with the CNC. I’m making some traps and you guys could help out. We could also work on updating some parts for your packs.

Franchesky

Got the Alkaline shell on order with a Nick-a-tron bumper and some other Nick pieces making their way across the pond and a MMM thrower kit on the way.

Franchesky, I saw you have some other pieces you are making, I’d rather buy local but I’m trying my best to get this pack done by Megacon - so if you have any of the new parts available let me know.

Anyone know the specs on the base plate for the injector tubes? And where to find a 1.5" diameter piece of circular metal to cover up the end of the sink tube? I suck at cutting circles. :slight_smile:

And lastly, any recommendations on electronics?

Thanks!

George

You should probably start a thread on the proton pack forum for these kinds if things, but i have used wooden dowels on the inside to hearing people use washers gor the injector tubes

There are a few of us in a Melbourne group, but lately we’ve just been getting together on Halloween.

The zombiewalk we’re doing is March 12th in Clermont. Franchesky I hope you can make it out for this or MegaCon. I miss you guys!

I really hope to make it. I already talk with Sam and we are making plans.

Franchesky

I will send you a link to the event on Facebook.

I hail from Melbourne as well. I’m looking to join/start a Space Coast Ghostbusters. The only gear I have so far is a PKE Meter, I’m waiting to find out what other props Mattel is going to make before I start building my own.

Hey guys, I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that it will be a miracle if I go to Megacon this year. The reason is because I made a really bad deal that cost me ALOT of money for an item that I can’t use (it’s my fault for not doing my research better) and the buyer is not responding to my emails. I also paid to get the car fix and it’s worse than ever.

I figured to let everyone know ahead of time. Have fun everyone and I’m hoping that I see everyone very soon.

Franchesky