pretty much the last step to finishing up my trap. I have aluminum plates on it.
How did everyone else do theirs?
pretty much the last step to finishing up my trap. I have aluminum plates on it.
How did everyone else do theirs?
I used pop rivets on mine. I drilled the holes on the resin knobs and squeezed the rivets thight, but not thight enough for the rivet to ‘pop’ I used dremel to cut the shaft of the pop rivet away. Did the job nicely enough, but I suspect that there are better ways than this.
The best way would be to either tap the knob and also glue with epoxy or use a coarse thread screw and epoxy as well.
If you wanna make your knobs were they actually rotate use potentiometers.That’s what I did on my trap.I did a GB2 trap.I was able to find a real silver knob but unable to find the tear drop knob,so I ordered on from Nick and just drilled it out added two set screws attached it to the potentiometer and bam real working knobs.
Any chance at getting a photo boss?
Easiest way is to use set screws, drill and tap into the plates and knobs and screw them into place.
What I did during this year’s semi annual trap maintenance was but a bunch of headles machine bolts (I have no idea what they are actually called, but they were with the hex bolts at Home Depot).
I drilled out a small hole in the back of each knob, tapped it, and drilled a similar hole through the plating/trap body.
I’ve lost one knob, but considering the trap went through 3-4 events, it’s lasted much longer than gluing them. When I start building a new trap (mine is showing too much wear), I’ll buy longer headless bolts.
The other thing you can do is just run a screw or bolt through the inside of the trap, and just screw the knobs onto the other end. This worked, but is a pain.
Those would be called set screws, they have a small Allen socket on one end to allow for tightening in. Like I said, drill tap, mount. I’ve had mine on for two years and never had one fall off.