Bend in the Alice pack frames.

How bad is the angle of that bend on the frames? My local army surplus store doesn’t have any in stock, so I’m ordering them online, but I’m wondering how to mount the pack to the frame. Does the top stick out far enough to make zip tying that part difficult?

It all depends on how you want to mount it. There are many diferent methods. But it’s not really that hard to do. You may have to drill some holes and bolt it on. But I dont think the angle has ever been a problem

Lawrence

The bend is roughly 22.5 degrees, and the distance from the horizontal bar at the top to the vertical bars on the sides is 1.5".

Most people I’ve seen mount the pack by drilling through the center bar though, not by zip tying it to the top bar.

I think i recall seeing some pictures of a screen used pack where the part that the alluminium crosses, its held on with zip ties!!

Get some good quality ones… and you wouldnt have any problems. You’d stil have to drill your Mobo though

Lawrence

Yeah figured I’d have to mount it with bolts to the bottom two bars, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t zip tied to the top as well. Thanks for the help guys.