Best way to remove the head off of 6" Rookie figure

Good day,

I’m going to attempt some mild customisation of the Rookie figure from Mattel, the first step of which I need to do is remove the head. I was just wondering if someone knew the best way to do this? Is it just a case of me getting a pair of pliers and pulling or is there a more elegant way? Thanks in advance for any advice you ca offer.

You should be able to just pull it off. If you want to play it safe you can heat it with a hair dryer or hot water first.

hot water, by way of microwaving a mug full of water for 3 minutes and submerging the head into that after 1 minute of cool down.

yeah I just wrenched on it for a few seconds and it came off. I dont know how wise that is, but it works.

Joe You just made me laugh so hard. Reading the last part of what you wrote and your profile pic just made me laugh.

Thanks, I’ll give the heating thing a go.

What I did for my Ray headswap was put the head/neck under very hot water for a minute or 2, and it came right off (I think it actually fell off).

The Rookie head is a lot harder to remove than the other Busters. Wonder why that is?

I used boiling water, by the way.

Ask the cockroach up on 12 to bite it off. :slight_smile: