I’ve been working on this for the past couple of months, I will eventually mold it and cast it in fibreglass, either single piece shell or 2 piece. Heres a couple of pics, I’ll try and keep it updated as i make further progress. It is predominantly made of ABS sheet.
Looking brilliant, Centuri, awesome skills. In the 2nd photo, though, it looks like the the big cosmetic plate is on the wrong square of the spacer, unless that was your intention.
I’ve had a lot of 501st people in Australia asking me on facebook where to get proton packs and stuff, so you might do some good business down here selling shells.
thanks rick,
yes the plate has since been re-glued onto the correct square - good spotting ![]()
Looking very crisp and clean. Nice job so far, keep it up!
looks good, something about the IDE looks a lil off, but the upper part looks pretty clean.
which part is the IDE?
Oooops lol meant EDA lulz
I’ve made a little more progress, here are some updated pics.
Pack: started on the cycloctron and added the clippard spacer.
Took some time out to start on the thrower.
Very clean. I love it!
Good work cen, the cost of having a pack shipped here is insanely high so this might be the best option for many vic gbs
update:
managed to find some time during the silly season to get some filling and sanding done. were almost there!
the cyclotron light rings will end up being cast in resin rather than cast as part of the main pack.
Very nice work, i like this a lot ![]()
One thing you might want to change tho is the lower cyclotron rings, they should be smaller than the upper ones. Its not in the plans but its not hard to eyeball the size of the smaller ones if you look at reference pics.
Btw…im just curious…umm…why cast the rings seperately ? Ive never seen that before ^.^
i read somwhere that some people like to have the rings at even spacings?
if thats the case then having separate rings gives the person putting it together the option.