Cheap goggles, first GB prop!

I used these goggles because they’re a decent green color, and have individual eye sockets (standard 50mm) instead of a flat plate which I thought looked cool.

image

The lenses are 3D printed (on my Printrbot Simple Metal) based on Crydrk’s models on Thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:616432) modified to have a 50mm “ring” that fits perfectly into the sockets and are easily removable.

I learned a lot about painting PLA plastic: I really hate Valspar “spraypaint for plastic” (it’s glossy, ugly, and thick) and love Rustoleum’s filler primer and primer+paint.

Over the head strap is just 1" web strap and a couple of snaps.

I’ll likely redo the lenses, maybe adding LEDs. I may just fix all Crydrk’s models to my liking (they need proper sizing and to rotated to print, at least) and may also add labels if I can figure out how to print metallic labels.

Thanks to the GBFans community for all the awesome posts!

These are killer! What type of goggles are they and where did you find them? Thanks!

Thanks! Cheap $8.23 goggles from Amazon. The color is pretty close, and the flip-up individual eyecups had potential!

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

These look different from yours. I really dig the round knobs on top.

Yeah, that pic looks different, but Amazon says that it’s the same ones I ordered.

Got them and set them up! They look great, thank you!

Awesome, glad they’re working out for you!

Thanks for the tip - I just ordered mine as well - looking froward to getting them up to speed! Yours look great!