Cryptozoic Entertainment Board Game Figure Paint-Ups

These are amazing. I’ve been buying up kickstarter extras to go with my board game and I’m taking in your thread as an excellent source for painting tips!

Looks amazing. Subbed, so I get to see it all come together as one, great minies collection

Thanks, guys!

Hey Morfeus! I don’t think I’ve ever been “subbed” before, or at least nobody’s been willing to admit to it. :lol:

The Library Ghost is up next. I was excited to paint her up as I had found some new Fluorescent Colors to try out. After giving Her “Bookstack” the rainbow treatment, I gave Her Highlights a Dry Brush Base Coat…

image

…Warlock Purple for Her Dress and Skull White for the rest of Her, leaving some of the Black Primer show through.

image

Top Coats of Knockout Blue for Hands and Face, Pink Explosion for Hair and Purple for the Dress.

image

The paints are fairly transparent, so covering the whole Figure still lets the Highlights show up.

image

I gave the Dress a Dry Brushing of Pink Explosion to exaggerate the Highlights even more.

image

Last bit of painting was to give Her Tongue a bit of Fiery Red mixed with Pink Explosion and She’s done.

image

Being Fluorescent Colors, they really show up under Black Light.

“Go get her, Ray!”

image

I definitely subbed!

KEEP EM COMING!!!

Awesome! Must make the game even more fun to play. I might try to paint the 100mm Stay Puft, but anything smaller is not my cup of tea as of now. I would totally mess it up, haha

I’m subbed but not in a submissive dildo kind of way :wink:

Awesome paint job again Cap

Thanks Guys! A little encouragement goes a long way and a lot goes even further. :smiley:

Time for Egon’s nemesis, the Boogieman. A quick coat of Skull White on His Skin…

image

…followed by a Top Coat of Knockout Blue, which is the closest to White when under Blacklight. I then picked out His Coat Lining, Bow Tie and Tongue in Mephiston Red.

image

His Hair is next, so I wrap Him up in Silly Putty to keep any excess Blue Paint off what I have already done.

image

First, a base coat of Macragge Blue…

image

…then hit the highlights with Caledor Sky…

image

…and top it all off with Neon Blue.

image

Last bit for today is a topcoat of Hot Pink for His Tongue and Scorching Yellow for the Eyes.

image

“Where’s Egon?”

image

Great stuff as usual, Cap! Always a pleasure to see your work.

Thanks, PVJ!

One more for the “Toilet of Terror” line. I was going for Gold, but it came out more Peach instead. :roll:

image

Page 2 Recap!

For those of you who just joined in, I’ve painted all the “Blue” Taxi Drivers, Kylie, Ray, Samhaine, the Library Ghost and 3 of the 5 “Toilets of Terror”. The Boogieman is halfway done.

Where there are multiples of a Figure, my plan is to do as many color variations as possible. Guess I’ll have to go back and change up one of the Taxi Drivers. :roll:

image

All Ghosts as well as the lights on the 'Buster’s Equipment are done with Fluorescent Paints and will glow when exposed to UV Light.

image

Questions and comments are always welcome.

Sam Hain (sp?) always looks constipated lol. But, again, incredible work and detail!

Thanks Tyco…and you’re correct on the spelling. Don’t know how that extra “e” got in there.

Now to finish up with “Boogie”. I used Mephiston Red to color in his Lips.

image

Did his Eyebrows and Inside his Ears with Black…

image

…then diluted the Black into a Wash which I used on his Eyes and Ears. I used Warlock Purple to highlight his Jacket and I also did a top coat of Fiery Red on his Lips so they glow.

image

Last on my list was to top coat his Jacket in UV Purple and his Hooves in Neon Blue.

image

Here he is with the 'Busters.

image

“Huh, and they say I use too much makeup. Put some pants on, will ya?”

image

Next up, a few more 'Busters.

These look so good. I forget that they are small figures too which makes it even more impressive!

You won’t, once you start painting them. :wink:

4th in the “Terrible Toilets” paint-ups, 'ol Blue Eyes.

image

The glossy red on their tongues just makes them look that more disgusting lol

If you think that’s disgusting, wait 'till you get a load of number 5.

While I was finishing up with Mr. Sani-Flush I was thinking, “Up till now they’ve all been nice and clean.”

image

So now it’s time for the most cringe worthy Commode of all…Rusty the Rest Stop Toilet !

image

They’ll need a gallon of Bleach before they can trap this one.

image

Here’s all five Fearsome Flushes.

image

The fearsome flushes look great. Loved Rusty [emoji23]

That’s so disgusting! I really like that you went with different colours. It’s like a haunted plumbing section at Home Depot.