This is the project I am currently working on. I don’t plan on making the cartridge removable, but the doors will open and close. Not sure how yet, but they will. I need to get it built first… I will post more pictures as I progress.
What material is that your using for the body?
It looks like different thicknesses of plexi-glass plates…
The sides and the bottom 1/4" and the back wall is 1/2". To be honest, I’m not sure exactly what material it is. Some kind of plastic, possibly plexi glass? I went down to our local plastics store and dug through their scrap bin, until I found something that I liked. Then I used “Plastic Weld” (two part apoxy) to glue it together. Man, that stuff is frigin’ strong! :shock:
Man, this post was made three months before I was born, even after 20 years! Is it safe to ask you if you’ve finished building the trap yet? If you have, how did you manage to make the doors open and close? Two years ago, I started building my own ghost trap. It’s primarily made of plywood and cardboard, with elements of hardwood for the vertical support of the handle and a metal pipe for the horizontal part. I wasn’t just going to make it so the truck has doors that can open and close; I also wanted to add a disconnecting, removable cartridge. When I removed the cartridge, it would play the trap insertion sound from the echo containment unit, as a little nod to the containment unit itself. I even planned to design the containment unit, especially so that it could charge the trap when the cartridge is inside it. I built the trap shell and was going to use an Arduino nano, but as soon as I got to the coding part, I realized that Arduino and learning C++ and code aren’t my strong suits. So, the plywood shell has basically been sitting in my bedroom for the past two years, sitting on a shelf unfinished. I can’t seem to figure out the electronics part of the build before I go any further, add the doors, cover up the plywood shell with body filler, and build the foot pedal. I need to know the electronics layout first before I even start working on it.