Details about Ecto Glow Copter

After searching through past posts, I didn’t see anything regarding this particular release. From what I’ve read, it was supposed to coincide with the Ecto Glow Heroes line, but was cancelled. But the part that I’m curious about is if anyone really knows whether or not a few pieces were truly sent to stores before the cancellation. No pictures of a “real-life” box have surfaced as far as I know. Does anyone have any more details about this release? :cool:

Far as i know the Ecto Glow copter never made it to release. there was a prototype that was auctioned off years ago but i dont know what happened with it from there. there was an urban legend that a couple of cases of these made it to army base px’es but this is unconfirmed. the ecto glow copter was an attempt to reappropriate a shell from the police academy toy line that kenner had and canceled a year before ghostbusters got the axe.

There were rumors that a few of these made it to store shelves, but not a single retail/finished one has ever surfaced My guess is that it never went into production and all that ever existed were prototypes or test samples. It met the same fate as Egon’s Lab, the Fire Frighter and the Backpack Heroes line. Ninja Turtles were just way too popular and sales didn’t justify with continuing the line.

Did prototypes of the Backpack Heroes ever appear on auction? I know Egon’s Lab was sold (at least 11 years ago?) and as RaysEctogoggles said, the Glow Copter prototype was sold (which I never knew).

As far as I know neither the Fire Frighter, Glow Copter or Backpack Heroes have surfaced. If they still exist, they’re either in private collections or sitting in boxes in a dark corner in the house of a former Kenner employee. I think that Egon’s Lab prototype that went to auction went to a guy named Josh Blake. He provided pictures of his on another fan site. There were only 4 prototypes produced and each one made had noticeable differences between them.

Like 910 said they are probably in a box in Cincinnati somewhere in a former kenner employees house. Wouldnt even want to know the price on those or what id be wiling to pay to get them.