Dragoncon 2013.

Crowds and people either bumping into you and accidentally breaking your gear, or people twisting every knob and tugging on everything else.

Yessir. :cool:

Right now the only things in stone are the parade, dinner, and awards…and possibly a karaoke night.

There are a lot of new official DC possibilities this year, but until they are finalized and official I can’t say anything.

Karaoke? That’s reason enough to not go. :sigh:

Its the south bro. The entertainment factor of karaoke is directly proportionate to the sobriety level of the room. Down here we don’t have drunk and sober…there are many subtle layers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Oh, how wrong you are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWbt0MZg9ZU

Karaoke is my favorite part of any convention experience. I wait hours to do karaoke at Dragon*Con because everyone’s all drunk and nice to you.

Psh… Our own Rookie busted out AC/DC at Metro Cafe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3c4v-K-jTI

Priceless

Didn’t get hotel reservations sadly so won’t be going in 2013…kinda of not pleased with the overall crowd mentality of 2012 anyhow in a general sense, and the super crowded dealer rooms were no fun either :confused: I just did not have as much fun in 2012 as I did the two years prior.

You’re far from the only one.

I hear ya, man. The only reason I’m going back this year is because it’s the fifth anniversary of PKE Surge. I’ve been there for all of them so far, and I’d hate to miss out on a sentimental year.

I’m glad D*C is making some changes to its layout, and I’m pretty happy they’re thinking of capping the registration like SDCC. It’s now too big for the area it’s in. Hard to move around.

I was talking to my step-sister and her husband, and they used to go every year until 2007, because of the stuff we’re discussing now. Hell, this is my 5th year, and even in that short amount of time, I’ve seen it go downhill.

Saturday was especially bad because they sold day passes to people that watched the parade but had no clue what DC is actually about. So they though it would be fun to bring their little kids and strollers in and block the aisles and thoroughfares.

Dragon con truly is a victim of its own success…it outgrew its venue several years ago…but if it were anywhere else it just wouldn’t be dragon con.

I don’t know if a registration cap is a good idea…but they should definitely stop selling day passes onsite during DC. Saturday of last con was so congested you could barely breath… banning elaborate costumes from the dealers rooms would help traffic flow …yes this would include anyone wearing a proton pack…(although I’m sure anyone who cares about their pack wouldn’t do this)

Enforcement of photoshoot areas would help as well…people taking pictures of random ■■■■■■■■■ wearing a few brushstrokes of liquid latex bog down flow…

The marriott and the hyatt are by far the most congested…so anything that can take pressure off that bottleneck would make things so much better

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If they had defined queue lines so you knew where a line actually was would help. I had some rent-a-cop shove me when I was going to look at an easel with a schedule, because there was apparently a line that just looked like people milling around. That said, get rent-a-cops that aren’t jerks. The actual police seem pretty cool about the whole deal; why can’t the mall cops?

Yeah some of the security they hire are dicks… although ive never had one put their hands on me. If they have taken to manhandling people…violence will ensue eventually…so that problem will handle itself after someone beats a security guard down or con gets sued because a guard beat up a patron without just cause.

The apd cops are great though…never had a bad encounter with apd during con…they get into it…ive seen them let storm troopers direct traffic for a few minutes then have a photo with them afterwards

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2012 was my first time at D*Con. I had a great time and really enjoyed meaning fellow GB’s. I was really looking forward to going again in '13. Woke up early and tried to do the right thing to register my hotel room. Apparently everyone was fed up with site not working properly. They just said to hell with it and called in reservations.

I missed out on getting a hotel and was very frustrated with the situation. But the next day I found out my work timetable was moved forward by a few months and I wasn’t going to be in country, so I wouldnt have been able to attend anyway. That bummed me out. Then this past week we got told that the timetable has been pushed back again. Sooooo now I will be in country and able to attend. Now I just have to find a damn hotel room.

You could always call and pull the “Oh, there’s an event that weekend? I’m going to be there on business.”

DragonCon is a pretty good event but I think the major problem they have is the convention happens at the same time as a few football games and a lot of the football fans are trying to book the hotels as well. Of course this is’nt too good for the costumers at the same time, because I remember back at DC 2010 getting messed with by a football nutjob who kept tapping on my helmet. Kept telling him to stop and finally had enough after the last time he did it.

He found himself stuck against a wall with my armored forearm against his throat. Had a long talk with security and he was tossed out. Especially with no D*C badge. But since last year I’ve been lucky stayed with someone in one of the hotels and they helped me get my room booked early for this year when we were checking out.

I watched Ray Park Jr nearly throw a redneck over the rail from the 17th floor of the Hyatt at Dragon Con 2005. For those who dont know Ray Park played Darth Maul…needless to say the 6’2" redneck didnt know what to think when he suddenly found himself facedown staring at a 17 story drop..put there by a guy who is maybe 5’7" 160lbs