DS's RGB/Movie Hybrid Pack (Type RGB Model III)

So, with the urging and enthusiasm of a friend of mine (whose building his own Movie Proton Pack), I decided I would make my own.

But since I like RGB more than the movies, I felt it prudent to make a RGB styled pack. Which lead me to also deciding the RGB type pack were too plain. Even the infamous “Killerwatt” version.

So what is a Ghosthead to do?

Why, design my own, of course.

I Present to - the Proton Pack Type RGB Mark III. Why Mark III? Cause I’ve decided that the Killerwatt Pack is Type II, thus this will be type III.

Isometric Front view

This image is actually v2.0 of the Pack - I shortened up the upper-reaching extension of the Synch Generator (giving more room for the yellow half-tank thing to go there), added in a N-Filter to the right of the Synch-Gen Arm.

I decided to add in a Booster Tube and housing from the Movie Pack, while giving a Power Cell Light to the side of the Generator Housing (to go a long with the Power Meter in the middle of it).

I’ve made modifications to the “Ion Arm” like component, which will have yellow glass and lights when the pack is powered on.

I left any hoses out of this design, as I’ll be adding that and the yellow tank (which I don’t have a name for yet) in the physical product.

What’s better? I’ve designed this project out where the Ion Armature, Generator Housing, and Booster Tube housing can all be done in Pepakura to be fiberglassed. I plan on making the full shell out of Fiberglass once I’m all done.

Particle Thrower Gun Body

The gunbody for the RGB style Particle Thrower - again I’ve made this one Pepakura Friendly as I intend to fiberglass the body once I’m done.

All diagrams are done to proper 1:1 scaling in the program, so they’ll be proper sized when constructed.

Hopefully I will be able to post “In Progress” pictures in the near future, as the actual construction process will be on hold till after I move at the end of April.

Off to an interesting start, and as a fan of the Killerwatt variant, I’ll be keeping a watch on this. :slight_smile:

Fiberglass over paper can turn out fantastic if not rushed..

Interesting. Gonna keep my eye on this.

CPU64:

If you take your time and go slowly - doing the Papercraft Fiberglass route is pretty cost effective and way to go. But you do have to take your time and be sure of yourself when you’re doing the design (luckily as long as everything fits on the paperside prior to Fiberglassing, you should be OK on it).

Once I’ve gotten the designs done properly and know they work when printed and assembled, I’ll release the PDO files for others who want to play with it.

I’ve done Pepakura with other costume projects, and like the results, so here’s to hoping my design doesn’t suffer too much in the end.