Whatever happened to the ecto-1 die-cast models? I’ve been trying to get one and they are all out of stock!
Did it get discontinued? I’d LOVE one of these and just can’t find it ![]()
Anyone help me out?
Whatever happened to the ecto-1 die-cast models? I’ve been trying to get one and they are all out of stock!
Did it get discontinued? I’d LOVE one of these and just can’t find it ![]()
Anyone help me out?
Ebay unfortunately. Long since out of production. Most are pretty pricey.
In EBAY most are in the 60$ to 70$ dollar range, but keep checking everyday because you may find a lucky break. I bought one for 40$ dollars with shipping a while ago sooo they do emerge.
damn. Oh well - time to trawl/snipe ebay then.
Such a shame - I really have rather given the money to the company…
How accurate is it btw - looks like the car is v.accurate but the roof rack is rather the opposite. Does that sound fair?
Yeah and the interior is actually the 1A’s. It’s quite a puzzle.
Huh, you know I didn’t know the 1A had a different interior AND exterior - what are the differences?
Theres my 2 die cast, i personnalized the Ecto-1 and i built a Ecto 1A from the original Ecto-1, see the difference by yourself:)
For The Ecto 1 i just painted some part to be more accurate and i added the good stickers ont the props.


And theres my rebuilt in Ecto 1A



1 interior
1A interior
I snagged one from my son in Jacsonville at a tourist toy shop for $35!!! It is now the “pre-Ecto” with the bubblegum light and primered paint.
My son ripped off al the stuff anyway (he’s 6 1/2) so It wasn’t a big deal. Mine is mint and on the HIGH shelf with my Delorean, Airwolf, and old KITT.
that’s hella cool.
Wish I had one spare to do that to!
PM sent, abritinthebay!
Ok, thanks to Dr Spengs I have one in my possession. Obviously Spengler28 has customized his one to be move movie accurate - I’d love to know if anyone had any more details or if there were other threads where people have done this.
Searching for Ecto die cast is… rather fruitless.
Oh and Dr Spengs rules.
abritinthebay,
Have you made/thought about making the model kits movie accurate? I personally find that to be easier and more rewarding…but that is just me. Also, when you say you want to make your new one movie accurate, accurate to what? Junker, 1, or 1A?
I love the diecast car, but unfortunately the main thing with the rack is it’s too small…that really hurts the product.
I’m glad I could help you out, abritinthebay! You’ll have to post pics of whatever you end up deciding to do. Are you thinking 1A?
ProtonDefender - that’s why I want to mod the roofrack to be more accurate. The car itself is AWESOME though - aside from the back door not opening fully. That’s a bit of a shame.
Anyhow… Thanks again Dr. Spengs - I’m planining Ecto-1, I’ve never been a fan of the 1A - and GB2 in general for me is less fun. Definitely going for the original.
Any suggestions?
I went on a hot date with Foos to tgi fridays today and lo and behold, a die cast ecto screwed into the wall. There was also a millennium falcon and bobba fet helmet too. Too bad these items aren’t easily removable like olive garden a/c knobs!
Play.com say these are coming back out again in june with some other stuff like a stay puft money bank ![]()
I got all excited…
…until I saw it was June 2010!
Thats a long wait