Just came across an Ectoplasm Energy drink on ebay. The sellers wants the modest price of only £99,999.99. BARGAIN!! If anyone wants one I would let mine go for half that ha ha.
Did make me wonder what the real current value of this is, anyone know? And did anyone try it? I left mine sealed. I imagined it would have tasted like a cheap Red Bull rip off?
Got mine few years back I think from Cyber Candy in London. Cost a couple of quid if I remember right.
I couldn’t find it (either design) when it was originally in most likely novelty type stores. (i.e.: Spencers) Spencers did have other character energy drinks. I don’t think where I use to live we had speciality candy stores that could have sold it.
I had heard about it more from other fans on-line. I knew their were some on-line retailers selling it. Even when it was around $3 USD a can, I never ordered it. Enough time went by and basically only one non auction site I knew of sold them. I still hadn’t bought a can.
In Stock
Which brings us to last year. My g/f was telling me a franchise candy retailer, Rocket Fizz had opened a new location. She saw among there novelty/character energy drinks they carried Ectoplasm Energy Drink. When we were there I bought one can to try and keep. I believe its the can with the Ghostbusters silhouette’s on it. I don’t currently live near one, I don’t know if they’re still selling them.
Trying It
As for the taste I’ve never drank Red Bull so I can’t compare. I hardly drink energy drinks. I remember it being ok, for about the same amount of money I could buy a larger can of something else. Or drink a citrus like soda with more caffeine.
eBay
I wasn’t surprised at all that whether its in your country or here a person would insanely rationalize that a Ghostbusters energy drink is so “rare” and “valuable” they could at least try its worth approx $148,634.99 USD. Why eBay doesn’t have something in place to automatically reject that type of auction is beyond me.
Yeah, the one of there at the mo is the one with the solhoettes on. I also have a slimer design, but I assume they tast the same. Back when I got these the store had a lot of different energy drinks from different franchises. Got a Duff beer and Flaming moes from The Simpsons, some family guy ones and some based on old video games. They don’t sell any of them here anymore.
The one up for that price has had 4 declined offers. Shame i can’t see what the offers are. It’s not even the only one on there. i can see 4 at the mo. Excluding postage they are £2.66 and £6.64.
There are actually two drinks (Ectoplasm and Slimed!), both being made by Boston America (a well-known, well established confectioner that does a lot of these types of licensed food/beverages).