Extreme Ghostbusters - Griffin's Spirit Guide

I was inspired by Tristan Jones excellent Spirit Guide digital fan art to have a go at something myself. But rather than just artwork, I wanted to put together more of a prop - with info on the ghosts as well as just pics of them.

This is not a “real” prop as a journal is not actually ever seen on screen (or even mentioned), but just something that I wanted to do that would fit in with what does actually exist.

I decided to concentrate solely on the ghosts encountered in The Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon series (at least for this journal) and document them as if the encounters are being written up by team member Kylie Griffin (the most academic of the bunch) for her own Spirit Guide.

The ghosts are in the order that they are encountered in the series (not alphabetically), with information on them taken from what is said onscreen (with spellings from the subtitles). A few have suplimental material added if it is a “real world” ghost - one that actually does exist outside of just the EGB TV series (such as the Golem and Piper).

When paper props are shown in episodes I’ve also recreated them in Photoshop (taking a few liberties to make them appear more “real”) and added them.

So far I have covered all 13 episodes available on the official EGB Vol 1 DVD. I intend on covering the ghosts in all 40 of the episodes, but do not yet have access to the other 27 episodes. When I do, I will start work on the other ghost entries and update here as I go.

For now though, here it is; Griffin’s Spirit Guide (the darn label maker I have doesn’t have an apostrophe - hence it’s absence on the cover):

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_FrontCover.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Introduction.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page1-2.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page3-4.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page5-6.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page7-8.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page9-10.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page11-12.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page13-14.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page15-16.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page17-18.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page19-20.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page21-22.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page23-24.jpg)

Looks awesome! :slight_smile:

And a hell of a lot of work! Do you know about how much time you spent on it?

I think I spent about a day on the entry for each episode - so thus far it’s probably taken about 2 weeks. Today I’ve just done the entry for the Gremlin from “Greased” (Ep14) and have watched and pencilled in the Jersey Devil from “The Jersey Devil Made Me Do It” (Ep15). I’ll ink and shade the J.D. and write in the info for it tomorrow.

WOW! Now that would be really cool to add to any collection. Great job, those sketches are top notch.

Great job, Howlrunner!

Looks really awesome! Well done!

Thanks guys.

Here’s the next two entries - these are for the Gremlin from Ep14 “Greased” and the Jersey Devil from Ep15 “The Jersey Devil Made Me Do It”:

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page25-26.jpg)

Excellent work on the journal.

Glad to see another fan who likes the XGB! Astounding work!

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

Next two entries are the Ectoplasmic Desiccator from Ep16 “Dry Spell” and the Glaustic Sisters - Banshee and Syren from Ep17 “Sonic Youth”.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page27-28.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page29-30.jpg)

Next up will be a fan favourite - Tempus.

Absolutely incredible!

Amazing!

That is great work, its awesome, keep it coming I love it!

Nice! Would buy that in a heart beat!

Agreed. This would make an excellent collectible.

Yeah, I’d LOVE a proper liscensed Spirit Guide book myself (with professional artwork), but this will have to do me for now…

OK, next two entries are Tempus from Ep18 “Ghost Apocalyptic Future” and the Hraesvelg from Ep19 “Bird of Prey”.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page31-32.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page33-34.jpg)

Ever think about copying the pages and selling them in a book similar to what you have here?

Absolutely amazing, I love this!

This is some unbelievable work! Very nice. Reminds me of Dr. Jones’ grail diary. Good job.

Thanks guys. No plans to make copies, but who knows…

Next two entries are Shanbahac from Ep20 “Seeds of Destruction” and the Leprechaun from Ep21 “The Luck of the Irish”.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page34-36.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/msbillen/Extreme Ghostbusters Spirit Guide_Page37-38.jpg)