What else can I say. Built my first homegrown proton pack when the first GB came out with a pump garden sprayer, a radio shack speaker, walkman (that is a cassette player by the way) particle board, paint, military issue flashlights and gear from my dad’s deployment closet. It could throw water 30 feet…not quite as good as a real ion stream, but way cool when you realize there was no such thing as a super soaker back then. Looking back, I realize that GB has been present through three quarters of my life. Not all the time, and not every year, but have patches and keychains all over the place, many halloweens, and stored in the attic (god knows where) is a 3 x 12 movie banner from the GB2 release which was given to me because, well…they knew I would pester them for it until they died if they didn’t. My 10 year old and I built his first pack for this halloween and ghostbusting is still fun. Even more so when his older sister and Mom think we are nuts. His two younger brothers are already watching with wide eyes so we have them out numbered, and with an actual job to finance things, I am literally living a second childhood better than the first as my son and I collected parts and pieces for the costume since early July. Disappearing for an extra hour or two on part hunts, or simply cleaning out the garage for the first time in a decade to make room for something important doesn’t hurt either. The funny thing is that he is into GB at least as much as I was…gulp..25 years ago?? I’ve been on the site many times so I thought it about time to make it official. As the new, dare I say, “proud” owner of the Fireball Run Ecto (seen in the modern ecto thread), I think that I meet the FAN criteria, and felt I needed to chime in. The Ecto needs a bit of TLC and de-FireBall Run sticker abatement, but plenty of time for that. Happy Thanksgiving. J
Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
You’re way ahead of me–my first proton pack was an empty Coke 24 can box spray painted black and a broken curtain rod. :lol:
Welcome!
Thanks all. Fritz, I still think whatever works is fine. Back in high school 4 of us pulled GB gear together in a week and the coke box probably beat a couple of us out on creativity…as you at least painted yours :). We had a lot of fun in a rust orange CA top 73 blazer and the many gallons of wallpaper paste for slime got.us into almost as much trouble as the beer. Thanks for the welcome.
Welcome to the boards, jam at!