Favorite Fan Film?

My friend did the actual construction of the puppet and I shot it ( while he puppeteered) and did the effects afterwards. I’m more than willing to share how it was made and shot, just give me a little time to gather some pics.

I too can’t wait for this one! We tired to build a really nice puppet for SLC based/inspired by your specter, but our efforts fell short and we used an old halloween decoration turned puppet instead. But for upcoming episodes, I’d love to find out more about the methods you used. SLC was our First Try and we want to improve.

Yeah, I think we should all to share our ghost-making techniques too. It could come in handy, and we can share what we learn.

It seems to me that a solid puppet matted in via a black back-drop is the truest way to do it.

It makes the spook look tangible and a little less digital than a CG creation. Plus, it’s how they did it back in the 80s.

Yeah, that was my plan too. I figure, since we have prop threads…we could make an FX thread too. Always a pleasure to hear from you, Kev.

You guys have the right idea, here is the link to my tutorial.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=20541

hey all! Brad here. Yes, I want to upgrade Lugnut (he’s in my GBSI minisodes) Right now he’s a wooden artist figure with stuff glued on him. The marionette is WIP, and I need to work on the full sized suit. I’m also working on a green screen, and I need to buy th imovie plugin. Then, I can really start busting some heads (in a theatrical sense, of course).

As for this topic, I loved what SLC did in a very short time. ROTGB got things rolling, so I give them credit. GB: Hellbent would have been better with a little more editing, I think. GB911 stuff is HILARIOUS. Don’t know if I’m drifting OT, but I’m incuding webisodes as well as “fan films”. I am trying to crank one out every month or so (depending on actors, post FX, money, etc.)

Not to resurrect this thread, but the Ghostbusters: Cleveland Branch movie is not dead, but is being rewritten. If anyone was wondering, it’s still in production, as it were.

Kevin gets a proton pack gets me laughing everytime. As does spilled milk the lines and chemistry of those guys is ace. Rotgb looked awesome and had a full package too. Worked really well,

Much thanks. :blush: