With the departure of Funkzilla I have been tossing up the idea of doing some, and want to test the waters for interest…
First and foremost I will not be the one making them but will supervise their construction at every stage, my plate is beyond full so there is no time for me to make them, but I will make time to QC them… I have someone that works at a custom woodworking shop that is willing to knock out the initial buck, and also have two options for the glassing…
If there is enough interest I will pursue this a little more and get more details or else I’ll simply let it die…
In either case this isn’t going to happen overnight…
You’ve got your first interested party right here.
That’s cool with me. I’m still trying to build my own from scratch. I don’t plan on giving up on it but I would much rather get a kit than try and make another one myself (I promised to make my brother one).
It’s something I might be interested in- However I still have to pay you for the heatsinks and I’ll be doing that really soon! (as soon as my tax refund comes in)
If there’s not enough interest to make this work though, oh well. If you did do it, what would be an idea of a price point for a shell?
I’d def be interested. Still finishing things on my first pack, but wanting to start from the bas instead of getting one someone had started and having to tear it down(still some parts I could do nothing about).
I’d be interested in one! This is my 3rd time getting a costings plan done and looking into a list of materials to actually make a Ghostbusters costume/pack, first time it was just a dream for a 16 year old kid, second time it was a 20 year old who actually managed to get a movie accurate costume…3rd time lucky I’m hoping
If there available around June and depending on pricing and availabilty to UK I’d be most certainly buying one!
Funkzilla quoted me about $60 for shipping from Canada to Colorado a while back, ouch! Well worth it though, I’m sure.
EDIT: I didn’t mean to make it sound like I felt he was overcharging or anything for shipping, just saying it’s a lot. All of this stuff is, isn’t? Also, you rock for offering to do this for the community.
They would ship from the Chicago land area, and shipping is going to be expensive, nothing much I can do about that shipping rates are high…
Also because of the size large boxes will have to likely be purchased along with packing materials it all adds up…
Like my light kits, I’m not out to rip anyone off with shipping but I’m also not going to pay for it for you, if and when this happens I will get a quote on shipping rates and add in the boxing cost plus a dollar or two to cover Paypal fees and that will be what is charged…
This project is pretty much a GO as of this time, several details are being worked out and on so at this time I’m not going to elaborate beyond the fact that as time permits I will work on this project… Since I won’t be doing a lot of it, once the ball starts to roll it should happen pretty fast, stay tuned…
man U are a glutton for punishment! Sound kits, light kits, now the pack! You are a Crunch bar and a half, cowboy!!! :crunch: Depending on cost, I might be interested. Y’know, I used to do ebay. You can get a Priority Flat rate box and ship it anywhere in the US for about $10 regardless of weight. But, you would have to chop it into smaller pieces to get it to fit into the box (not sure if it would be worth it to do that, though) Just a thought. Maybe cut the cyclotron from the body, and slice off the ion arm at the bottom or something? I want to do an “old school” pack (since i like do do everything backwards, doing the custom prop before the regular one : ) I’m toying with the idea of doing 5 minute fan film for YouTube (on a shoestring budget), so I need to go “back in time” when I would have an older pack)
Hardly worth the trouble and effort to slice and dice the pack into parts small enough to fit into flat rate boxes… A single part like the synchronous generator/spacer would have to be cut into 3 parts to effectively (with padding all around it) fit into the flat rate 12x12x6 boxes… The cyclotron would be another box, so you are now up to 4 flat rate boxes and you still have half the shell to ship… And the flat rate boxes start at $12.95 without insurance now…
Also it would be more work and more cost on both sides to make all these separate parts, in the end the few dollars saved on shipping would be negated by the additional cost to make and pack the parts…
Anyway I already have boxes lined up, I can get them new locally the perfect size for less then $2 a piece in 25 bundles… The USPS calculator is showing me a cost of under $50 to ship a box that size, of course until I actually ship one I won’t know the real cost as I’m only guessing on the weight…
if your still doing these exoray im interested in just 3 cyclotron shells. but the question of the cyclotron part is it the whole raised piece aswell or just the cake pan design??