Hey guys (and gals)
I suppose I should formally introduce myself on these forums, being I joined back on Halloween last year. I’ve been lurking on here for awhile, and posted a couple times last November about Gameinformer’s world premiere of the new game. It’s all coming back to me now, my childhood that is, heh! I was only one when the original GB premiered so don’t remember much about it’s initial release, but when I was old enough to speak, it was always about Ghostbusters. It has always been my favorite movie. I also vividly remember the Real Ghostbusters, having just about every figure, car, firehouse, and play toys available. In fact, I always ran to the toy section in our local Service Merchandise to check if they had the latest Kenner toy guide for that year… those we’re the days. As I got older I would always shout out one-liners from the movie in situations where appropriate. Some people got it (you guys) and others didn’t.
I’ve always wanted to be a Ghostbuster for Halloween (besides my plastic costume with RGB Egon’s plastic face as a kid) and when I found this site, GBProps at the time, I bookmarked it in hopes to build my own screen acurate costume one day. I was usually tuning my Plymouth Neon or working on my website dedicated to a TV Series, and didn’t have the time. However the new game sparked my interest once again and I would finally come back here to start the building of my gear, etc. First, I would like to thank AJ Quick for bringing such an awesome site for us fans to gather and get all the low-down on the gear, not to mention discuss our favorite scenes and all on this forum. Secondly, I’ve started on my Halloween costume. Thus far I have the flight suit with both patches sewn on. I bought the elbow pads and the gray RIT dye. I also ordered a resin trap kit (from irricanian) and am in the process of putting the finishing touches on it. Next is the trap pedal plus the odds and ends for the suit (belt, belt items, gloves, combat boots, leg tube, etc) and then on to the motherload, the proton pack.
I’ve been doing a lot of research and screen acurate is what I’m aiming for! Would any of you guys have any do’s or dont’s for someone familiar, but a first time pack builder? I’m probably going to go for a prefabbed shell, but not sure if fiberglass or resin is the way to go. I’d like to build each piece individually, but I think if I have a great basis, things should run smoothly. I’ve been looking at a very nice resin mold on eBay from the seller loveusmonkey (however none are currently for sale) which appears to be of excellent quality. Then the motherboard, then the neutrona, the bumper, ion arm, the wires, clamps, the clippard valves, lights, switches, knobs, etc, etc, etc, etc… LOL!! I do realize this is no easy task, and will not be quick or easy (nor cheap!!) but this is something I’ve wanted to have since I was little. This is why I started buying things well in advance of Halloween.
I’m glad to be here and look forward to many posts here…
peace,
Steven
