For New Builders: “How Much Does A Pack Cost?”

I made a video to answer the common question of how much it costs to have a somewhat accurate proton pack. I hope this will be helpful to new builders just joining the hobby.

The video features price comparisons of parts in the GBfans shop as well as a couple aluminum sellers in the For Sale thread, CPU64 and EJGUNTH87. I just picked them because they seem to be actively producing parts and they were on page 1 of the thread.

It’s a long, detailed video that shows not only part prices, but also where they are on the pack. I also compared aluminum vs resin costs, and GB1 vs GB2 part prices.

If I misspoke at any point I apologize in advance. Many of you are way more knowledgeable than I am, but I wanted to be helpful from what I’ve come to understand. I’m open to correction in this thread if y’all catch something wrong.

I should also be noted that a 3d printed pack will take roughly 5kg of filament which will cost around $100+ depending on filament for all 3d printed parts. Good video!

Thanks for adding that. I’ve got no experience using or buying 3D printed parts as that wasn’t as common when I was working on my build. It’s good to have that to compare.

Dude, that is an impressively extensive video! It’s funny but I’m glad I DIDN’T see this before I started spending cash on this awesome hobby. I don’t want to know what I’ve spent, ha! But seriously this is and will be super helpful so thank you.

Thanks for the kind words. Being helpful is my goal.

Agreed. Its good that someone put out a resource like this to help people starting their pack building.

I made a video comparing my pack to the Spirit Halloween Deluxe Proton Pack. You don’t have to break the bank to have a decent pack. I go through the major differences and mention the modifications that are possible, however I’ve never researched them since I have no plans to modify mine.

My son was playing Fortnite in the next room, so forgive the noise pollution.