GB:TVG Fall '08 Press Kit

I had an interesting discussion today and I thought I would get someone else’s opinion on the matter. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one of the press kits, minus the polo :sigh: ,that Gamestop received back when the game was scheduled to come out in October. Since the game got delayed, does anyone think that this stuff (press release, lanyards, promotional dvd, stickers, and “ghost trap” shoebox) will become collector’s items? Will they ever be worth anything? Any feedback is appreciated.

Seriously doubt it. So-called “rare collector’s items” are only worth as much as the market will bear. I have the exact same GameStop ghost trap shoebox, but I think all I have is the lanyard, promo DVD and the Ecto-1 license plate. I’m definitely holding onto them, but doubt they’d ever get much money even if I wanted to sell them.

If anything, it’d be a cool little piece of history for personal enjoyment.

It depends… sometimes the market may not have a demand for it but there may be individuals (Rabid GB fans) who may pay a pretty penny to get their hands on it. You can never be sure what will wind up being collectible or not.

You should maybe try to get something autographed. If your intent is to one day sell it in the hope of turning a profit on it… autographed items can only help. Just make sure you somehow get proof that the autograph is legit before trying to sell it as original.

Personally… if i were you I would hold on to that stuff. But then, I’m a pack rat who likes to keep things like that… those types of things are collectible to me. I like collecting random things that are related to things I enjoy. (i.e. ghostbusters, star trek, etc) As an example I have this kit of Mini Cooper items that were sent to me by someone years ago. Several years back I was a member on a Mini Cooper forum. People who worked at various BMW/Mini dealerships all over the world signed up on these forums. One of my friends who worked at a mini dealership in Colorado (if i remember correctly) asked me to resize some photos from a Mini Meet up they did because she didn’t know how to do that stuff. I did it for her and she sent me package from the dealership with a bunch of great Mini Cooper items like pens and just silly little stuff. Being that i love Mini Coopers the stuff became instantly collectible for me. I still have all the stuff that was sent to me and I’ll probably have it until i die. lol Just because the market doesn’t have a demand for those items doesn’t mean someone won’t pay for them. Whether or not they’ll pay A LOT for them is another story.

I was able to score one complete with the polo and just a box.not sure if they’ll ever be worth much but I enjoy them and that’s what matters to me.Not to mention, a GB themed box is handy for storing various smaller GB trinkets in my collection.

does anyone have a picture of the box?

id love to see it

Here are links to some images posted last year.

http://blog.ghostbusters.net/2008/07/ghostbusters-the-video-game-promo-package/

I have the shirt and the box. I wear the landyard every day, gave the tech demo to a friend, and the license plate to my brother.

I was looking to sell the shirt for some extra dough.