GBFans Shop - Pack Parts Restocks & more

We’re bringing you the latest updates to the Ghostbusters Fans Shop. We’ve had a few changes in the past week and wanted to let you know!

Please note. We will be going on hiatus from March 9th until March 10th. Orders can be placed, but will not ship until after March 10th.

Here are the newest products, and products that have recently come back in stock:

Pack: Particle Accelerator Fiberglass Hero Shell - In Stock!

image

Pack: Hat Light Socket Base - In Stock!

image

Pack: Orange Hat Light Lens - In Stock!

image

Pack: Clippard Brass Elbow (GB1 Ion Arm) - In Stock!

image

Pack: Clippard Hose Barb - In Stock!

image

If there are any items you need specifically, or want to be notified about, please add products to your wishlist. The wishlist can be found here: Wishlist - GBFans.com Shop

You can also reply here with any questions!

How many hat lights are necessary for a pack? I’m getting conflicting information from different sources about the different quantities and colors required.

If you’re going for a GB1 standard Proton Pack, you need the following:

Recessed hat light on top of Proton Gun: Milky white.

Non-recessed hat light on front of Proton Gun Gun Box: Milky white.

Non-recessed hat light on barrel Gun Ear: Orange.

If you’re going for the GB1 “Super Hero” Proton Pack, you need the following:

Recessed hat light on top of Proton Gun: Orange.

Non-recessed hat light on front of Proton Gun Gun Box: Milky white.

Non-recessed hat light on barrel Gun Ear: Orange.

If you’re going for the GB2 fibreglass semi-Hero Proton Pack, you need the following:

Non-recessed hat light on top of Proton Gun: Milky white.

Non-recessed hat light on front of Proton Gun Gun Box: Milky white.

Non-recessed hat light on barrel Gun Ear: Orange.

If you’re going for a Harold Ramis GB2 refit of one of the GB1 standards, you need the following:

Non-recessed hat light on top of Proton Gun: Milky white.

Non-recessed hat light on front of Proton Gun Gun Box: Milky white.

Non-recessed hat light on barrel Gun Ear: Orange.

GB1 standard

GB1 standard (Refitted to become a GB2 Hero - Hat lights are unaltered)

GB1 “Super Hero”

GB2 Semi-heroes

Harold Ramis GB2 refit:

Ok, so no matter what I need three sockets. The only difference is what colors I need for the lights themselves.

Man, how did I ever build my first pack without knowing this stuff?

The sockets aren’t strictly necessary, some masking tape applied within the space the hat lights would be fitted into would probably give them a decent friction grip… Though theoretically if you’re making a GB1-style Pack you’d only need two, one for the Gun Ear and one for the front of the Gun Box…, as the recessed lense would be held in place within the Gun Box.

Still, should you get the sockets, you’d need to modify them for the lighting kits, as they’d be designed to hold incandescent bulbs.

[quote=TheKevinShow post_id=4931832 time=1582991445 user_id=44972]Man, how did I ever build my first pack without knowing this stuff?

[/quote]

You probably came across good enough information at the time, now you’re just learning a little more. :slight_smile: There’s more than a few things I now know in time for my second Pack build which I didn’t know back when I organised my first. :slight_smile:

If that’s the case, I’m probably just going to go the easy route and pass on the sockets entirely.