Greetings all!
My name is Eric and I’ve recently taken on the task of piecing together my first serious GB costume. I say serious because I used to dress up and run around the neighborhood in my blue plastic Kenner pack as a kid, trapping little plastic ghosts with my glow-in-the-dark ghost trap. And one year - more recently than I’d like to admit - I donned the ‘Halloween Express’ GB costume for a party, complete with the close-but-not-quite-screen-accurate inflatable proton pack accessory. Lame as it was, it’s kinda what started me down this path. I’ve been going to cons for a few years now, and I gotta say it’s been a dream of mine to gear up right and join the ranks of ‘real’ Ghostbusters I’ve seen all over the map. So this year, that’s exactly what I intend to do!
Needless to say, I’ve been a fan of the franchise since I was exposed to it at a very young age. And somehow in my 30’s I’m just now discovering the amazing community you guys have built here. I’ve not posted much at all yet, but have done a lot of reading and research here. I have to say that the people here are so incredibly helpful to others looking to do what I’m doing. Most of the questions I’ve had have been asked and answered, and then some - the level of attention to detail to which this site’s members adhere is nothing short of astonishing! I swear I learn something new almost every time I sign on!
Anyway, I look forward to speaking up more and hopefully becoming an active member of the boards here. And with luck, I’ll run into some of you guys out in the field. So again, greetings to everyone! Hoping we’ll be talking more soon!