Greetings from Germany

Grandpa is starting a new career :wink:

Yes I belong to those lucky old guys who watched Ghostbusters in cinemas at it’s first run back in 1985 (in Germany Ghostbusters was released in January '85). Not even was Ghostbusters really fun to watch, it was the first time ever (in my hometown) that a cinema would offer a glimpse of merchandise, so I instantly bought a Ghostbusters T-Shirt and a Ghostbusters Sweat Shirt, which ruined me financially for the rest of the month.

You should know, that back then you couldn’t get Popcorn in cinemas and they hadn’t air conditioning either. Therefor the main movie season was in the Fall and in the Winter, because in the Summer sitting in an all day heated up cinema was no fun.

Last year I somehow got attention of the “Ghostbusters - The Ultimate Visual History” book by Daniel Wallace. To be honest a Facebook friend mentioned it in a post because he was involved in the production of the original movie back then (swagger, swagger). Some weeks ago I visited a Comic Con for the first time and I had the luck to spot some Ghostbusters cosplayers. Which somehow inspired me to get involved.

After several google search hours I decided to become a Ghostbusters too and here I am :wink:

I am already a member of a German Ghostbusters Forum and also have purchased the first few items I need.

image

Hi Wecome :walterpeck:

Schön dich kennenzulernen! Nice costume!