Greetings from humid Savannah, GA!

Hi everyone!

My husband and I live in Savannah, Georgia. We’ve been talking about making Ghostbusters costumes for awhile now but just never got around to it. We snagged a few GBFans cards and handouts at Dragon*Con and now, here I am!

As children of the early 80’s we’ve both been big fans since we were little. The scene when Winston saw the head on pikes in the subway used to scar the ■■■■ out of me!!! :shock:

We’re looking forward to being a part of the community. :wink:

Welcome, welcome! My wife and I are also from Savannah (Effingham, actually). Glad to see there are more fans in the area!

I grew up in Effingham. :slight_smile: Hubby grew up in Rincon. We moved a bit closer to the city about 2 years ago. I noticed there were a few more folks here from the area too. That’s nice to know.

I wonder if Savannah’s St.Patrick’s Day Parade would be a useful/helpful outlet for a group like this if we had enough people to go? An estimated 400,000 people would be there, a great way to recruit and a great way to connect with local communities. However, I know a lot of groups avoid it due to the crowd and hassle. Anyway, just a thought.:whatever:

My friend and I were discussing putting together an Ectomobile for the parade. We’d love to have more GBs in on it!

welcome–you meet lots of nice people here. : )

Welcome aboard from over in Macon! Also we and our Ecto may be available for the parade.

I can give the St. Pat’s Day committee a call about being in the parade. Just an information gathering call, as I’ve heard, they can be persnickety about entries and I’ve also been told that it’s quite expensive even for non-profit organizations (I believe the Shriners pay something around $700-$800 but they have multiple units that march). :-? My husband and I would most likely NOT be ready to march in costume but we can try and even if we aren’t would be more than happy to help with whatever the marchers need some help with.

Welcome to your new obsession! lol

Hey there and welcome! I’m originally from Macon, though I currently live in Long Island, NY. Welcome aboard!

I’m glad the cards worked!