Have an Idea? Lets submit it...

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting with the Manager of PR for Mattel brands..

After we chatted for a while and I found out she was headed to Comicon in San Diego I had to drop my knowledge of the Mattel GB brand merchandise and we hit it off pretty well. She was surprised at my knowledge of Mattel merch and once I showed her some pics of me in costume with fellow GBfans she was floored. She gave me her card and said she would be bringing me back something from Comicon in San Diego… I took this with a grain of salt..

One week passes and she returns as she promised and handed me a hand full of these…

Wow!

Well to make a long story short she asked for my help…

She knows I have a direct connection to the Ghostbuster Community and she has asked for me to email her comments and new ideas for Mattel to go for in the future in terms of the Ghostbusters franchise. She is the Manager of Public Relations and will take our opinions and suggestions very seriously. She will be back in my office to discuss this further in the near future so I hope to have some great suggestions for her by then.

This is a HUGE oppurtunity to thank Mattel for giving us superb products that are not only priced decently but are good quality and screen accurate… and also to submit new and interesting ideas for future products from Mattel.

I know a lot of you have excellent ideas and I would love if you posted them here in this thread. I will weed out around 10 suggestions to bring to her attention the next time we meet in person as well as emailing her directly.

Get those brain juices flowing guys…Lets make this count..

How about for starters (and a big one on that):

Why did you even think it was a smart move to tell those who had defective PKE Meters that you were out of stock when you know dang well you still had them available as they were part of the $40 Mad Monday Deal?

Please lets don’t start the screen accurate shit! Because neither the PKE of that dollar store looking trap are “Screen accurate” period!

Judhudson I"m with you,I know there were more than a few that ended up with defective PKE meters right outta the box.

I’m pretty much happy with their figure line up,I have every one they released and I’m a club Ecto member.But the “Toy” trap and pke meter are shit and not worth the cash.

I’m a club Ecto member as well but I’d like to see Matty include the option of including the 12" inch figures as well as any PKEs, Traps, Etc.. in your membership

Cowbybill, that’d be a great idea. But I think it’d be better if they had breakdown for Club Ecto instead of forcing everyone to be on the same plan:

(All get standard club-exclusive 6 inch figure)

Club Ecto Bronze Membership - You are guaranteed each 6" figure that is released

Club Ecto Silver Membership - You are guaranteed each 6" and 12" figure that is released

Club Ecto Gold Membership - You are guaranteed each 6", 12" figure as well as any special prop or item related to Ghostbusters.

Potential ideas for Mattel (Many, if not all have been mentioned before):

  • Real Ghostbusters Figures in the 6" Movie Masters style and grandeur

  • Real Ghostbusters GHOSTS in the 6" Movie Masters style (Sandman, Boogieman, Samhain, Grundel, and so on.)

  • Ecto-1 for the 6" figures including at least one Pack-less (and strapless) GB to drive it (All 5 doors open, pack rack in the back, possibly LEDs in the lightbar and headlights.)

  • Playsets/Dioramas for 6" figs. (Ie; Firehouse garage, basement with empty spot for Ecto Containment unit, Shandor rooftop, Vigo’s museum)

  • Prop: Giga Meter

  • Prop: RGB PKE Meter

  • Packaging that can be opened and closed similar to the first Matty Figure: SDCC Slimed Egon

  • GB2 Janine with Desk

  • Janine in Jumpsuit with proton pack (What-if movie version)

That’s all I got on the tip of my tongue.

i actually mentioned this on another thread,but what the hey. They could do a really cool boxset of gozer and the terror dogs and include a scene card or diorama. Ive seen some pretty good examples of the sort of thing i have in mind from other lines, like this one from POTC

image

they could do the temple in the background and the terror dogs on there plinths, quite simply from the cardboard packaging (or go all the way and sculpt them if they wish!)

Good ideas so far guys.. keep them coming. And as far as people complaining about the “movie accurate” aspect of the their props I only meant that they were TRYING to be as accurate as possible…

Ecto Goggles prop

RGB Trap prop

A Customizable Club Ecto Subscription. (i.e. being able to select which figures you want. Obviously there would be a have to be a minimum.)

Definitely a 6in scale Ecto.

A weapons accessory pack (Blast streams, traps, goggles)

Some sort of Janine.

Janosz (black trench coat) with Vigo painting with 3D face or dual sided with the floating head/ river of slime on the other side.

A regular Louis figure

A regular Dana.

More TRU packs:

5 pack Courtroom battle with the 3 guys in suits with traps and both Scolaris

“Ready To Believe You” 3 pack.

Venkman’s Investigation (Plain clothes Venkman with Sniffer and cellist Dana)

River of Slime 3 pack of Ray, Winston and Egon in slickers.

Marshmallow Mess 4 pack

WE NEED TERROR DOGS!

I’ve bought one each of the GBs, and probably won’t buy any variants since I’m happy with my set of four. I’m more interested in other characters that haven’t been offered yet. Looking forward to getting Dana/Zuul and Vigo. Here’s the rest of my wish list:

-6" Movie Janine, preferably GB1, but I’d get GB2 if it was offered instead

-6" Janosz, perhaps with Oscar, since we’ll have Vigo and GB1 Dana (rather than GB2, which would fit better).

-Weapons and accesories pack for 6" line

-After getting the PKE Meter and planning on the trap too, I can only see myself buying one other 1:1 scale item, that being a set of goggles. A pack would be awesome, but out of my price range, especially since I already built my own.

-Trying to think of other 6" characters that might be different and desirable…Gozer and the Terror Dogs are obvious omissions, but perhaps that’s due to the NECA line…maybe Mayor Lenny? Running out of characters I’d want to buy without an awesome pack in like Peck had.

All of these, plus I’d really like a pack. I don’t have the money to buy a fan made one, and I’m not that big of a stickler for every minute detail movie accuracy, so a Mattel produced pack would probably fall in my range. Others won’t like it, but I love what they’ve done so far with the props. I want a pack and goggles.

I think it would be cool if they released special packs that replicated specific scenes from the movies. For instance, there could be the “sedgewick” pack, that would come with Slimed Peter, Ray, Egon, three packs, two streams, one pke,one goggle set, one trap, and slimer, and one special pack-in exclusive, such as Slimer’s food cart, the destroyed housekeeping cart, or the ballroom bar with the chunk missing. The box would fold out into a diorama from the hotel.

As for props, I think they should stick to the hand-held variety. Nothing bigger than a breadbox.

-Yearly 4 pack (similar to the Xmas 4-pack) with a diorama with each floor of the firehouse starting with the basement. That’s the only way you’d get me to buy a 4-pack.

Citizen Ghost anti-ghostbusters, translucent green too. They’d fit best with probably the Retro line considering they’re a Real Ghostbuster idea.

Ecto-Goggles for 2012 toy-prop line. I really just don’t see them even attempting the PP.

Hmmm. Sadly it’s really hard to expand in the GB universe. Considering it’s a comedy that centers around mostly the 3 guys with a lot of dialogue. He-Man and GI Joe and Transformers are obviously far easier to make a very expansive toy line compared to GB.

id like mattel to have more toys r us exclusives. i dont care if they’re repaints or re-releases. even have some of their props at tru.

like, an example would be since the trap coming out has red and silver bars, if they took it to tru, it would only have yellow bars like that ONE scene. or a pke that only has one movie mode.

id also be more into the figure line more if they kept with boxed sets, like a khaki flight suit set and a courtroom set.

I would love to see an Ecto-1 for 6 inch figures, a bunch of play sets like rooftop etc and a proton pack and googles for future props!

In all honesty? They NEED to be able to ship the props outside the US. That is all.

I’l like to see an accessory pack for 12" figures… they could include various accessories already produced, a 2 up of the containment unit from the 6" line, and the new proton streams for all 4 figures.

They could also 2 up the 6" scale ghosts, and produce them in 12" format for the 12" figures.

I also wouldn’t mind more printed cardboard playset dioramas… the firehouse they are doing for the upcoming RGB 2 pack comes to mind. A gozer rooftop playset would be great, and they could even experment with a 6" version and a 12" version, using the same graphic files.

I just really want a playset. Like the rooftop one they have on display at SDCC. Any playset would be superb.