Hi, my name is Joshua Woolum, and I’m from Marysville, OH. I’ve always been a Ghostbusters fan since I was old enough to understand the first movie my dad taped from TV. It wasn’t the best copy and it was truncated so I didn’t get the full movie experience. Eventually I got the DVD set and watched again like it was the first time. I played the Ghostbusters video game for the Xbox 360 and breathed new life into my love of the franchise. Anyways, I found the GBFans website when I was looking for ideas on how to build my own proton pack. I am now in the design phase of building the video game pack and I found very few people that actually have done it successfully. I intend on making a working Ghostbusters Video Game proton pack with lights, sound, and the moving parts between different modes (including the Jacob’s Ladder.) Its going to be an engineering nightmare, but if I can pull it off, I will share everything I’ve learned. Wish me luck.
Good luck, that sounds very ambitious and awesome. A friend and I have been working on a more “functioning” classic pack ourselves, so I know how hard it can be. Anyway, welcome to the site! Twinkies are in the cupboard above the sink.
EDIT- I am also in Ohio, from the Cleveland area (willoughby to be specific). Good to see someone relatively close by.
Welcome from the Columbus Ghostbusters! There’s a lot of great resources and great people here. Hope you enjoy yourself. And if you need any thing, feel free to drop me a pm.
Thanks guys, really appreciate the support.
Hey Josh! And… welcome! ![]()