Hi, I’m Melony, I’m 34 and I’m from South Wales in the UK.
I’ve been a huge Ghostbusters fan since I was a little girl and as much as I’ve always wanted to make a Ghostbusters costume, I’ve been incredibly daunted by the idea of making the “kit”.
Whilst that hasn’t changed, I’m trying to be brave and step up to the challenge. My usual cosplays have all been more about the clothes than the kit, so this is completely new territory for me!
Always good to have more Brits here. You should be able to find all you need to assemble a costume here, or links to places selling items you’ll be wanting.
Lots of options. Even local ones buddy. Buy your parts in stages and take your time in your build. Think of it as like restoring a fine classic car. Takes time and money
I’ve made a start on the most familar bit to me - the costume. As I’m in the UK and my budget’s low I’ve sadly not been able to get exact matches for items.
I’ve now got a beige AFV Crew jumpsuit (may have to rework the pockets on the top and add in new diagonal zips to get it a bit closer to matching.
I’ve got a pair of solid black army cadet boots, on my short legs they’re more than tall enough, proper jump boots would be practically knee-high on me!
I’m waiting for a pair of volleyball knee pads to arrive, the picture looked like they’re either dark grey or black so a re-spray will be in order after trimming/tucking them.
Keeping my eye out for a suitable belt, considering buying a khaki one, stripping the colour out and re-dying light grey.
One thing I was wondering about was the size on the packs as measurements made me realise just how tall/wide they are, I’m on the short side so I’m worried it’ll be huge on me! I may have to try resizing the dimensions if that’s the case, fun and games!