Help with Proper Unpacking and Storage for my Ghostbusters Board Game

Hey, all.

I just got my super awesome “Ghostbusters: The Board Game Deluxe Edition” in the mail. I’m unpacking this thing, and man, there’s a bazillion little parts. I’m fairly new to this type of gaming, and this is my first miniatures game. I need a little help setting it up and then suggestions for putting it away.

So all that stuff to punch out… Dumb question, but am I supposed to save those little chads from the center of the stream tokens? I was going to throw them away, but then looking for storage solutions, I saw photos of other folks’ games and they’d saved those little dots. What are they for? Do I need to save them?

I got everything else punched out OK. So cool!

Also, as I’m putting this stuff away… I know I can get an ammo box or something, but I’d rather just use the box. The only additional add-ons I bought are the Spectral GBs and the Zombie Cabbies. Everything pretty much fits, but it’s a smidge tight. I figure I can just put all the the minis back in the plastic, along with the TSG and Dice. Where do you guys put all the tokens and game tiles and stuff though? Is it just loose in there? Does anybody just use some felt bags or something for the minis and cards and stuff? Should the trays of minis go in first or last? I don’t wanna squish 'em.

If I’d paid, like, $30 for the game I wouldn’t even ask. But there’s a certain investment here so I don’t want to just throw stuff around. I’m not going to laminate or sleeve or anything, just want to take care of the game.

Since you got the Mass Hysteria edition, you can use the box it came in and replace the plastic trays with foam ones from Battle Foam:

I got them for my copy and they are great. Not sure what to do about the taxi drivers and such, as the trays are specific to the base Mass Hysteria edition, though there’s plenty of room to fit them in somewhere or another.

I put all my little guys in slide containers I had lying around (used to work in a lab, they were throwing them out) glass slides are 1" wide, i used cardboard “shelves” inside the containers for them to rest on. I have a 35mm slide box (they were tossing it) so my villains can stand up in there. I built a cardboard frame for inside the box to hold tiles, added foam to hold Stay Puft, Imp Stay Puft, and Cathuhlu. I have a Black and Decker Contractor bag, put a No Ghost patch on it, it holds all my Ghost Gaming stuff. A Williams Peppermint Bark tin (trash at work) holds my Tobin’s Spirit box, dice, streams, etc. I kept the punch outs, may need them someday?

image

image