Hi my name is Brooks. I am really nerdy and geeky and stuff. I’ve been doing conventions for years and I recently became interested in doing a ghostbuster costume due to my good friend Jesse. She is the one who directed me here after Dragon*Con. I live in Dallas proper. National statistics would probably consider me a borderline alcoholic.
I love Star Trek, and all sci fi in general. I spend a lot of my time developing my relationships with friends. Next to sci fi they are pretty much the most important thing to me…and then maybe eating…
I tried to fill out my profile with a good amount of info but Feel free to ask me anything.
You can also look me up on facebook or myspace (facebook.com/brooksborg, myspace.com/brooksborg)
I majored in technical theatre with emphasis in lighting design, secondary emphasis were in props and costuming though I am not nearly as good at those as I would like to be. I minored in Philosophy but I don’t generally talk much about is for a lot of reasons. slip me some wine and perhaps we can take a conversation down that road.
I worked (yes past tense) for a the largest production company in the word. They are called PRG and I was a Project Coordinator in their Dallas office, until the great lay offs of spring 09, when my position was cut nationally. Though I have not been able to find work in theatre I am still actively searching for work in lighting. I am a Certified Lighting Specialist for the American Lighting Association and I well versed in residential, commercial, institutional and industrial applications and design.
Basically when I was/am not doing lighting of sorts I am hanging with friends or cosplaying at a con. I also volunteer for the Austin Browncoats around the state and the nation. They support several charities and are related to Serentity and Firefly (sci fi- if you’ve never heard of it/seen it, check it out). I’ve been filling my time with a lot of volunteering as of late.
Thats the basic low down on me I guess…or at least as much as I can think to share right now in this introduction.
I love people, and I want them to love me.
-B