Hi from the UK.

Hi Guys,

This is my second attempt at an introduction, not sure what happened the first time, think I just screwed up, sorry!

Just thought as I’m new here I should introduce myself and say Hi!

My name is Darren but I usually get called “D” or “Burnsey”, it’s your call. I’m 32 yrs old, from the cold, cold North East of England. I’m married to an incredibly understanding wife and have 2 beautiful daughters, Ella (19 months) and Izzy (4 months).

I’m a member of the Rebel Legion and the UK Garrison of the 501st and currently troop as a Jedi, though I have an x-wing pilot costume well under way and a RotJ Boba Fett in the very early stages.

I am a massive fan of Ghostbusters, have been since I was a young kid and my Dad took me to see it in the Odeon Cinema – the old school cinemas which still had an interval and an ice-cream lady bringing round a tray of snacks! I remember sitting in the cinema with my Butterkist and Kia-Ora, laughing my head off, scared and excited all at once and thinking, “Yeah, that’s what I want to do when I grow up!” Well at 32 I think I’m gonna have to think about growing up at some point and that means only one thing… getting myself a Proton Pack and busting some ghosts!

I really want a good quality costume (though money is a slight issue) but as I’m new to the GB costuming scene I’ll need a LOT of help, so if you have any hints, tips and advice, then PLEASE do get in touch.

I look forward to getting started, getting to know you all and hearing from you soon guys, take care,

D

:cool:

Hey Darren, welcome to gbfans. There is a sticky topic at the top of the proton pack forum with lots of helpful info. That’s probably one of the best places to start. Good luck! :angryvigo:

Welcome fellow uk member

Welcome!

There are plenty of places on here to find things already laid out as Zack said!

Welcome! Yes, I have an understanding wife, too. : )