Holtzmann's Workshop Goggles

I found these on eBay! http://www.ebay.com/itm/380697224184?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now to work on the small magnifying glasses… These are similar, and with some modifications could work well… https://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/004189.php?eesc=cat

No need to make them. They’re commonly found on Amazon.

SteamPunk Eye Loupe Amazon.com

Those goggles sometimes come with the magnifiers already attached too. I have a pair that’s black instead of chrome that I picked up years ago.

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

Be careful, that particular style of goggles are made by many distributors with slight variations.

3 main things to look for to find yourself the correct type:

1.Strap attachment point-this should be help on by a single rounded rivet, some incorrect styles have a flattened piece the curves into a slot, also look closely at the part that the strap fits through that also varies in thickness and shape from manufacturer to manufacturer .

2. Lens shape -the lens she has is a smooth curve, incorrect styles have flat lens or angled lens with sort of a corner at the edge of the eye like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/281200285447 which is close but definitely wrong

3. Color- I know it goes without saying but black padding, black strap, chrome accents and see through yellow lenses, you will stumble across some with brown padding, or mirrored lenses more easily.

Here is the closest I’ve found http://www.ebay.com/itm/191496963952

as for the magnifying lenses they are very common and cheap to come by i bought mine at harbor freight, most brands offer the exact same configuration so it’s hard to choose wrong http://www.ebay.com/itm/401080215992

The magnifying lenses will need some modification to get them just right and the trailer doesn’t have a clear enough shot to tell exactly how and where they are attached and modified. For mine I just drilled a 1/16th hole at what felt like a natural spot on the rim of the goggles going by the two scenes we see these in, and added a spacer ( the lenses will hang loose with out spacer after the clamp is removed) and tightened it on.

I am positive there will have to be more changes to this in the future when more information comes in but this should get you started.

On a side note I love these goggles, I mean for all of $20 and 10 minutes of work you can have a screen accurate replica and the goggles themselves are very comfortable over your eyes or on your head, much more so that ecto goggles.

Oh by the way If you are interested in her main glasses Loading..., little pricey at almost $90 and far too few made with the 150 production run but at least we know what they are and who they are from.

So now all we have to find is the finial fight glasses, the other goggles (feet kicked up) and the goggles/head gear she has flipped up in the lab… this gal has a lot of great gear to keep up with, but hey at least it is way easier than searching for stuff from a 30 year old film that used some equipment that was already 20 years old when they used it, right?

These may clear up what I was saying

image

image

image

image

image

Great info and pics Ryan. Has anyone found a dead ringer for the sort of ‘bug-eyed’ goggles yet? Are those lenses actually convex?

Yes the lenses are curved

You mean these?

Well not not as far as I have heard, but I have seen many similar ones that you could assemble them easy enough but I am unsure if anyone has officially ID them yet, we may have to wait for the blue ray to peg these.

Madame Tussauds has also given us some great looks at them but I am unsure if they are the exact same style from the film.

Others have however tracked down the finial fight scene glasses -American Optical Ghostbusters Yellow 50 is the best guess right now

image

These are the closest I’ve found so far, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Desert-Raver-Goggles-Pokemon-Go-Burning-Man-Yellow-Steampunk-Goggles-Cyberpunk-/122074003980 But no curved lenses, and the rims are different. The silver cowling and the facial cushioning look right though, as does the lens diameter. The connecting nosebridge piece is different, but the one in the movie looks odd enough that I doubt the goggles came that way.

These lens are not necessarily curved, when you asked that I had thought you meant the goggles with the jewlers eye piece.

the one you have found are very close, look comfy, and they would make a fine base to make the replica but they seem to have the wrong number of vents on the side to be what production used.

image

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/121gigawatts88mph/GB16 Proton Pack_goggles_zpssevldd71.jpg)

Back to square one, ugh. The German ‘Restoration Hardware’ goggles vents don’t match, and neither do the cheap knockoffs of them everyone on eBay sells. Maybe RH’s design has changed a few times.

I believe I have found a match, but there were no manufacturer markings from the seller. Once they arrive, I will look them over for any identifying marks. These are vintage and chances are that’s what was used in the film as well.

I decided to get a pair of these: Amazon.com: Astra Depot Steampunk Goth Style Aviator Unisex UV Goggles - Chrome Plated Frame Clear Lens : Tools & Home Improvement but how do I put yellow tint on the lenses?

Do I just buy some yellow cellophane and apply it myself? Do I steal my kids’ yellow Crayola marker and color the lenses?

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

If you look some more, you’ll find the same goggles with yellow lenses.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid eBay, but I may just have to bite the bullet.

So I’m going to try some of this transparent glass paint on ones with glass lenses… Amazon.com

But the plastic ones are probably easier to find yellow ones of.

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

Vintage Russian safety/welding goggles. No real identifying marks. Not sure if they’re military or not.

Obviously the elastic band has been replaced for the film.

I found a couple of more listings on ebay:

I’m having a run of yellow lenses cut for them. Will have plenty of extra sets.

They look good! Nice find.

I was just about to reply with those.

Etsy has at least 1 pair too.

They do indeed although most listings are over £100! Managed to snag some for less than £10 so super happy about that. Now I just need to find lenses that match. Where do I even start looking for those? I’d really like proper safey glass lenses rather than plastic.

These are not proper safety glass but I “think” these will fit , I have some ordered and will find out soon and let you know. Lots of other similar options listed even different yellows.