Home Made Goggles

These were just another quick throw together prop for my costume, I figured the more the merrier at this point, so why not a pair of goggles.

I’d say this is probably the only thing that I actually used a bit of suggested material for that I got from other prop sites. I used the same type of wielder’s goggles that were suggested from everywhere I looked for reference ideas on-line. Mind you, I didn’t spray paint them Olive green, I figured the green they already were was good enough, since at this point I certainly wasn’t going for perfection. I had some real trouble finding the images for the decals on the goggles, so I just found some random warning images that I though looked pretty good, and it’s mostly just built out of left over parts from the gun that I had laying around. So yeah, the colors are all wrong, and the sizes of the lenses are wrong because I did everything for the pack in 1/2 CPVC and all the left over parts were of the same size, and being strapped for cash I just couldn’t see shelling out more money for the proper 3/4 parts.

Anywho, I thought I’d share some pictures for you guys, so you can tell me what you think.

I just happened to pick up the same goggles at Home Depot earlier today. I figured my costume was kind of lacking a little and that was just what it needed. Tomorrow I will start making the rest.

Yours look really good compared to mine. I dont have much time to spend on making things with halloween so close. So I just threw together a pair out of what I had lying around. This it my first replica anything..

While not goggle-related, but time related, I hear that; you should see the lighting in my pack; it defines gehto; I was going to build a lighter pack for halloween this year, but got sidetracked by like, a million other things; finding that I didn’t have enough time to do this, I decided to re-use the same half-ton pack I built last year. It’s not all bad though; I added lights, which aren’t accurate, but they get the point across; lol, 4 light bulbs wired to a switch and a battery pack ductaped to the pack frame for the cyclotron; I’m gonna use a glowstick for the blue lighting, and the gun has a lightbulb and 3 led’s in it. :lol:

It’ll work! Suffice to say, a lot of ductape was used in the installation of said lights; I’m a welder, not an electrician. What can I say? Your goggles look pretty sweet to me! :wink: :slight_smile: