How to make/where to purchase green slime?

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in another thread recently, my final capstone project for my BFA is a life-size replica (with some artistic license taken) of the “Fettuccine” painting from the end of GB2. Now, after having had my six-week review, one of the members of the art faculty (who I would wager grew up with the cartoon) suggested that I have green slime ‘dripping’ from the top of the painting’s frame. I can’t have it literally dripping, however, as it’s going to be exhibited and hung in a gallery on campus,.

I’m curious what your recommendations are for the best prop ‘slime’ I could use for this project. Ideally I’d want it to have the look of being wet and slick, but in reality it would be dry and something I could glue or stick onto the wooden frame I’m having created (because one of my buddies is a carpenter and will be making me a frame pro bono, I don’t have to worry about potentially ruining an expensive 5X8 ft. frame).

Any suggestions?

I have a really bad chest cold if that helps ???

[/quote]

I have a really bad chest cold if that helps ???
[/quote]

There’s an idea! lol :cool:

It’s a long shot but try liquid latex and add some green coloring if you can find it already made. That’s the stuff they use around Halloween to make masks and whatnot. Once dried it keeps its wet shinny look

That is true. Liquid latex does have the shiny look after it is cured, so long as it wasn’t powdered down, which is done to keep the latex from sticking to itself. Otherwise, it tends to chunk, roll, glob, and look like… globs of slime! :cool:

I would use latex like people here said, then after you powder it just sponge on some permawet to give it a permanent shiny look.