Hey guys n gals,
I’m looking into making an IDW comic version of the dark grey uniforms but I’m a bit stumped as to what boots and belt to use that resemble the closest to the comic?
Hey guys n gals,
I’m looking into making an IDW comic version of the dark grey uniforms but I’m a bit stumped as to what boots and belt to use that resemble the closest to the comic?
If you’re looking for boots like in the IDW comic you’re going to be kind of out of luck; as they have eyelets–but no laces! Only thing closest to that would be Harness boots (aka motorcycle boots)
Otherwise look into getting ‘pole climber’ styled boots; I recommend Doc Martens, Gripfast, Steelies, or Grinders. Search for “20 eye boots” (eye being eyelets). You’ll see a lot of Demonia brand, which is okay, but their quality is a crapshoot.
EDIT: Heads up, all the brands I listed are $100+ (some reaching $200) however I know that Docs and Gripfast last like…forever.
Cheers! So long as quality is good, I don’t mind paying extra.
Anything on the type of belt though?
The thing to remember about the boots and belt is that they’ll be a caricature of the stuff used in the films, so unlike the gear that Dan drew for the Ghostsmashers, there won’t be a real-world counterpart that looks 100% like the way he draws the boots and belts.
The only recommendation I can make is going for a tan/khaki coloured belt with a large silver rectangular buckle.