I'm green with envy...and no, it's not slime

How many of you fans out here are absolutely envious of Venkman 71? Honestly, he must have dozens of proton packs lying around his home…and for what? He is a diehard fan just like any of us out here, and he posesses a great skill at making all that he makes. It’s not that I’m angry, and I know he cannot sell his props by law, but it’s not illegal to give them away. Maybe I’m being a bit neurotic, but I am sure there are a lot of other fans out there who, like me, are just to busy, poor, and that just DO NOT have the skill to take the time and effort to build such extensive props. But what Venman 71 is doing is off the scale!! Be kind and help a brother out–and no, I’m not black–but please, Venkman 71, we fans need “something good, something decent, something pure…” some of your props. :x

P.S. If there is a way to contact Venkman 71, let me know. Maybe I can persuade him to help out his fellow fans.

Surely you aren’t serious…

I was on Venkman71’s site a while back and he said that he actually gets loads of serious requests to give his props away. He detailed why he won’t do this: it takes something like 70 hours of labor to build a single pack, not including installing the electronics. The electronics in one pack alone cost $800. I think he said that having a pack shipped someplace runs well over $100, and when it gets to its destination it usually needs some minor repairs. Any wonder he doesn’t give them out?

I’m new to this whole thing and I’m finding that prop building is a lot of fun. If I had venkman71’s talent and resources I’d crank out a million proton packs and ghost traps too, just for the heck of it. If you do get hold of his contact info and ask for that free pack, don’t be surprised if you don’t get a response. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I just don’t get it… but what’s the point of having 17 proton packs laying around your house?

it would be nice of him..but it wont happen …he put his time and money into the props and all…i would love to have 8 pack just lyin around my house…but i wouldnt expect him to give em away..maybe some spare parts..yes ..but not an entire pack or trap

he May have alot of packs. some just tossed aside for other uses. but heres the thing…

He’s a propper! thats what he does, he builds film/tv props, For Fun! Not profit.

And if just “Giving” them away isnt his game leave him be. save up and buy one of Norms packs! there awsome and worth every penny.

good luck! he gets tons of emails of that sort monthly im sure.

in all honesty with No offence here guys this post seems rather childish to me…

“he has so many, why cant he just give one to me! its only 1 pack! he never even uses it!”

:roll:

my advice to you guys is read some books on building things of these sorts, start building packs even if You think they suck. and as time progresses your work Will improve! there are plans out there that will help you along your way as well.

Propping Can be frustrating at times, but never give up. if it was done 20 years ago it can be done now! :smiley:

and yes, people do get busy. with that they cant educate themselfs on building pack or dont have enough green to buy one. what you have to do in this area is Make Time for it!

my best advice is to Ask Questions instead of well… bitching …to a Degree. there was a topic a while back about the “home depot proton pack” or something along those lines. its cheap and looks good and a monkey can do it. :slight_smile:

Just my 2 cents.

im gone.

PS. my above comments really were meant with no offence guys. later.

He doesn’t.

Giving away props? Do you have any idea how much they cost? Its kids like you that just don’t understand things. He has spent tens of thousands of dollars on his stuff.. and is not going to give anything away because some kiddo can’t afford something.

Harsh but reality.

DO NOT CONTACT VENKMAN71 AND ASK FOR FREE PROPS. YOU WILL GET THE SAME RESPONSE I GAVE YOU, IF ANY.

He has at most.. 1 or 2 packs.

i completely agree with u Back..if i had that many i wouldnt just give it away..maybe auction one off for a charity or somethin..but not give it away…ive been buildin small props for the past 2 years or so and i love it..i do it for fun(even tho it is a pain in the ass :lol: ) i dont plan on selling any that i have right now either

I don’t want to be an ass, but seriously.. you are not going to get a thing from him for free. Maybe if you dig through his garbage you can find something.