I've done my research but have a few final goggle questions.

I appreciate any advice here guys. I haven’t been in this subforum much but now that I’ve got a great set of frames and foundation to work with, I’m trying to finalize some details. However, I’m finding the goggles have a lot less support than say, the proton pack, which isn’t surprising as the real frames/pieces are so hard to come by and forum members only make so much (and some don’t make them anymore). So I’ve spent about 2 hours in search going through some very old posts and such and I think I have my answers…but just in case:

  1. Labels/stickers. I’ve been able to find all except the silver/white warning label for the lens and the BAT label. I can’t seem to find anyone selling these currently but I did find Demon Vice Commander’s image so I can make my own. Is printing those on sticker paper is my best shot?

  2. Battery cover “strap”. I have a cover like Nick-a-Tron’s but I don’t have that little strap that goes over the nub. I heard mention of a “water bottle strap” but I can’t picture what that is or looks like. Google wasn’t much help unless I’m using the wrong terms.

  3. Goggle cases. Is there a “go to” or recommended case that people use for theirs. I could source out a proper sized Pelican but that’s going to cost more than the goggles. Or do I just keep checking Ebay for night vision goggle cases and hope I get lucky?

Any tips appreciated, thanks all.

Regarding the goggles, I see a lot of AN/PVS 7B cases on Ebay that are cheap like this one but I’m unsure if they’ll fit. I guess for $20 I can risk buying it blind but if anyone knows, that’d be great!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Plastic-7B-Night-Vision-Goggle-Small-Arms-Pistol-Storage-Case-Container-/271407824970?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f312ac04a

Well I bit the bullet on a case and I think I’ve figured out what to do for the battery cover strap but my sticker question still stands. Surprised no one has chimed in though…

I used the AN/PVS-5A goggle case since my goggles are the AN/PVS-5A frames. I have seen them from time to time on eBay. I purchased mine for about $40. To accommodate the larger lenses I had to hollow out some of the foam but other than that they fit like a glove.

There has been some interest within my group, the Greater St Louis Ghostbusters, about making a mold of my AN/PVS-5A goggle frames. Accurate frames could be made available to the community if enough interest is there.

The battery strap on the real frames was basically a rubber band. My frames came with a part of the original strap but it was all dry rotted like an old rubber band.

Excellent, thanks. I haven’t seen any PVS-5a cases just yet but I’ll keep my eyes open since I’m not in a rush.