Jocsa Lights and Sounds Ecto-1A

Hello all! I recently acquired the rare Jocsa Lights and Sounds Ecto-1A and I thought this would be a good place to share it! The body needs a little bit of work and the electrical piece is currently undergoing repairs, but I’m too excited to not show it off right now.

I got it in the mail on the same day I got my Extreme Ecto-1. Here are the first few photos I took of it.

Noticeable differences include:

  • the tinting of the windshield is clear instead of blue
  • the dashboard is more blue than grey
  • the string to the claw is shorter and thicker
  • the siren lights are multi-colored
  • the grill of the car has a pretty cool paint job

Coming up… What she looks like opened up!

I am currently in the midst of repairing the Ecto. One of her lights wasn’t working. I tried a few different DC voltages to test out the components and blew all 4 lights. I now have a 6V set up with some 6V grain of wheat lamps on their way. They should arrive tomorrow… in the meantime, here are some photos of the car opened up. Once I get her back together, I’ll be applying decals I got from CaptCyan to make her whole again.

She does need some bodywork, but I’m not sure if I’ll take that project on. I know I can handle it, but it gives her some personality… what do you guys think?

Very nice!

What sounds does it make?

Me, being me, would make the repairs to the Body.

If those Hubcaps were originally Chromed, I have a way to re-Chrome them. If you’re interested, shoot me a PM.

Can’t wait to see more of this!

Is this something special? I’ve never heard of it.

I found one once on a Mexican(?) auction site and was completely miffed. Never knew it existed, so glad this has surfaced here. Don’t worry bout what I do on Mexican auction sites.

Ugh… The circuit board is so cheaply made its taking forever to get it going. I get one part going and something else goes wrong. Couple that with a full time military career and two little ones under 2 and I’m just not having any luck!!!

If you need to replace/upgrade the Lights and Sound, this should help. The Siren is fairly loud for it’s size. As you can see, the Kit comes with everything but the Battery…good thing I had one.

It should sound even better once the speaker is in an enclosure.

The website for this and all manner of tiny flashing LEDs is:

Thanks, that is exactly what I need for my custom Ecto project! I do have an isolated recording of the Jocsa siren in .wav format. I’m thinking about using this (http://www.electronics123.com/kits-and-modules/Audio-Effects-and-Sound-Modules/75-second-USB-recording-module.html) with a light chasing sequence (maybe this one? http://lights4models.com/index.php/animated-experimenter-s-kit.html) to recreate the Jocsa experience.

I’m not opposed to upgrading to the Ecto-1 siren, but I’d like to keep the annoying high pitched oscillating frequencies if possible.

I need to do a bit of research to make sure I get the right pieces.

I’ve added a video to YouTube that demonstrates the lights and siren. This video was shot by the person who sold me the car to show that it was in working condition. One of the lights (red I believe) is out, and then I managed to blow all the lights by hooking up a 9-Volt. In my defense the lights were very dim with a 1.5 V source…

Once I get everything going I will share here how I did it. I’ll also share the .wav file (I took it from the video below) so that others can create their own… but the Ecto-1 siren CaptCyan shared is probably a better choice. Nevertheless, it’s part of RGB history and so someone out there might enjoy it.

So, after much trial and error and little blood, sweat and tears (literally… those soldering irons are HOT!) I finally got my Jocsa Ecto-1 working. Not only that, but with the ORIGINAL parts! Words can’t describe how happy I am to finally have this done. Below are some pictures of it reassembled with all of my other Jocsa pieces… I’ll be putting CaptCyan’s decals on it soon. I’ve also got a video of it in action!! The video is best viewed with the lights off.

That’s to cool! cant wait to see decals on it.

1 Like