Kenner RGB figures-All the good guys, one gal and Slimer

I’ve had Ray, Louis and Egon in a mechanical type suit kicking around the workshop for a few months now. I decided to go after the rest of the crew on ebay. I scarfed up an origional Egon a few weeks back and just recieved (a half ■■■■) Janine, Winston and Peter (with posessed looking eyes). I will be repainting the figures inbetween other projects.

image

I also obtained an out of scale Slimer (soap/cup top ?) that I turned into a photo-bomber.

image

The desk needs a computer and a “we got one” bell button. I plan to put Janine in the Firehouse to do battle with the Walter Peck figure. Right now it looks like Egon is still under the desk.

image

Did they ever make a Janine figure with a “normal” face?

There’s the fright features janine in the pink jumpsuit. That’s a good one imo

Don’t the eyes bug out on that one? I’m talkin’ a regular type face like the one on the guys, closed mouth.

You have the screaming heroes version there. I do think there is a regular janine figure from the slimed heroes line

Power Pack Janine :smiley: had a purple jumpsuit…probably the most normal.

Thanks guys! So the search goes for a Power Pack Janine.

I know from another thread that nick-a-tron did a repaint of the figures. Has anyone else given them the once over either to customize or to restore? Please feel free to post some pictures here if you have.

Yeah, she was my favourite, fit in best with the rest of the original Kenner figures.

Plus, she has a hole in her back for a proton pack too! :eyeroll:

That’s the face I was looking for. Thanks for the pic! Made it much easier to hunt for. “WE GOT ONE!” (along with Ray, Winston and Egon) off ebay and should have it next week.

image

Looking at the guys, I might do a bit on repaint restoration when they show up.

Power Pack Janine showed up today.

She definitly has the RGB cartoon face. i’ll paint her up to match the guys.

image

The Screaming Heroes version is getting a movie make-over. She has the round glasses like Janine in GB1, so I’ll give her an overhaul and sit her in the Firehouse

Looking forward to seeing your repaints. Make sure you put some pants or a skirt on the Screaming Heroes Janine; a lady like her wouldn’t go to work in her underwear. Or would she? :lol:

Screaming heroes janine looks like a sex doll with glasses

I kinda like the outfit she had on when they brought Vinz in.

image

image

image

That was kinda my first thought when I got the figure. Having no skirt didn’t help, either.

id like to see you fix louis’s pigeon toes. ive always hated that.

It could happen. It would require a chop and shave where his socks and trousers meet.

Chop the feet off at the trouser bottoms.

Rotate the feet to where you want them.

Re-angle the sock tops so they meet flush with the trouser bottoms by sanding them down a little at a time.

Drill holes in the socks and insert a rod (I usually use a 3 or 4 penny nail, cutting it down to size by clipping the head off) in each. Use Super Glue to keep the rod in.

Drill matching holes in the trouser bottoms and test fit the feet.

If the angle of the holes are off, bend the rod with a pair of pliers untill they align correctly and the figure can stand by itself.

The bottoms of the shoes may have to be re-angled as well to insure the figure stands without rocking. either sand them down or build them up with some epxoy putty.

Super glue the splices and you should be ready to paint, or what ever.

I would probably straighten out his right leg, too.

Anybody have an extra Louis sitting around?

I’ve completed the Crew in Khaki. Peter’s eyes are no longer glowing green and Janine’s glasses are.

image

Now I have the whole set in quasi-movie colors and packs.

image

My next repaint set will be the guys from the RGB Pilot/Promo. Here’s “Pilot” Peter.

image

The four guys will be wearing the “Cartoon” Packs.

image

You sir do absolutely amazing work.

Thank you!

After I’m done with the Pilot/Promo repaints, I’m going to have a go at these…

image

just to flake all the collectors out. :lol:

:crunch:

You have a great gift with re-paints,keep up the good work mate :wink: