So some of you may have seen my thread on my Ghostbusters Lego I’ve been working on. I’ve finished stage one (the minifigs and ecto-1) and due to the coaxing of some friends I’ve added it to the Lego CUUSOO website. In case you don’t know what it is, it’s a Lego initiative that allows fans to submit their own ideas and design for Lego sets. There are already Ghostbusters designs on CUUSOO but I feel mine is one of the better ones out there (bar the absolutely amazing build from Orion Pax)
Anyway if you like it please spread the word, share and promote as much as you. As you can tell by the title I’m trying to achieve 10000 votes for the 30th Anniversary next year.
As suggested above as well as in the other thread I’m working on more to go along with what you see above, I plan to do the Ghostbusters Firehouse, Stay Puff and some more minifigs, I’ve already started on Louis Tully as the Keymaster.
Also if you’re at all interest my Batmobile Tumbler is currently #1 on Cuusoo with just over 2000 votes remaining to reach 10000.
I’ve actually been planning this for quite some time, it was over a year ago I originally created the ghostbuster minifigs themselves. I’ve only now gotten around to doing the rest. I have plans for more on top of what you see here as well. Beyond that I feel my offering is of a higher quality than any others on Cuusoo (nothing against those already on there, there’s some great stuff)
I also have plans to promote this a bit more heavily with a youtube video I’ll be putting together when the working lights arrive. I’ve of the opinion that just because someone else has done something that doesn’t mean you can’t try and do better.
I specifically said you can contact that person and work together.
Since it is possible to upload new files to Cuusoo.. the opinion of your work vs theirs should be a non-issue.
I have heavily promoted the other Lego Cuusoo project and have helped get it up to where it is now. If you want to try to do it yourself, be my guest. Two projects (when in reality there are a dozen GB Cuusoo projects) are only going to divide things. You could reach the goal much quicker if you two worked together.
That’s all I’m saying. Good luck to your project though.
I guess it comes down to what you think Cuusoo is as an initiative, I see it as an avenue to share your creations and possibly see them become real sets. Whereas some see it as a platform to present ideas for sets or themes. I don’t see what I’m presenting on cuusoo as an idea for a set or theme. I’m presenting my creation and my take on it.
I don’t particularly don’t want to have someone else take credit for the work I’ve put in nor do I want to ride on the coat tails of someone else’s already established success. There’s already been a Zelda set that reached 10000 but was rejected, yet another has passed since and is awaiting review. In my opinion it’s not a matter of competition as there’s nothing stopping one user voting for both or all Ghostbusters submissions on Cuusoo.
I’m back with more updates, On top of the news that I’ve hit 1000 votes already in 3 weeks, I’ve added some real LED lights to Ecto-1 as you can see in my test video here I’ll be doing a properly cut and edited video for it sometime soon.