Little Tikes ECTO-1 Project

My last few weeks have been filled with the news of this:

image

We have tried for 4 years and finally got the good news so I am very excited. With that being said, I saw this:

image

So I went on a search for an older Little Tikes Cozy Coupe as the new ones have eyes and a mouth. Yikes. I was lucky enough to have a friendly Fire Chief who happened to have one and he donated it to the cause.

So I am all about this project!

Any ideas and input would be greatly appreciated.

image

image

CONGRATULATIONS! :slight_smile: Being a proud papa of three future ghostbusters myself, I can feel your pride and I’m happy for you!

I’d say do up the car just like the one you featured:

image

If you can’t find all the bits and pieces, well, that’s the beauty of the Ecto-you can do it any way you like. If my experience with my kids and their Little Tikes car tells me anything, don’t invest too much time/money/effort into making it absolutely perfect because it’ll take a lot of abuse over the years. When we had our first, my wife and I had to have everything new and pristine. Now it’s like, “Can’t we find this at a garage sale for 25¢?”

Oh man, I thrift shop everything. I go to goodwill weekly to find books and toys from the 80s/90s so my kid can be unique. I feature a lot of my finds in the blog in my signature.

Appreciate the feedback TK5759. I just got done with the primer coats. Will post pics when I’m less sticky.

No problem Heroic35! I see you’re in MN, what part? Maybe we can get together for a beer sometime! :slight_smile:

I’m an hour north of Duluth.

So, Grand Marais area? Or more toward the Iron Range? Used to live in Duluth a few years ago and I do get back every so often.

On the range

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Very nice on that. Keep up the great work.

I am in the process of gathering items for a build like this myself. So far I have the car and paint. I did locate these online that seem to be a good price and the perfect size

http://www.safetylightsandsignals.com/p-95-mini-novelty-police-beacon-battery-operated-425-in-blue.aspx

I have those same lights and I don’t know how much I care for them as you can’t turn them sideways to run. The motor slips and grinds.

A friend of mine did this veto-1 and used a different style.

image

Were these blue light purchased online or custom built?

Both those lightbars and these were custom made for both cars. image